Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Suzuki GSX650F Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8559-2008-suzuki-gsx650f-review.html)

Kenneth_Moore 06-20-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious (Post 187528)
Seems like a reasonably practical and not altogether hideous bike.

Or:
"You don't sweat much for a fat girl!"

Administrator 06-20-2008 03:21 PM

2008 Suzuki GSX650F Review

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/suzuki/2008-suzuki-gsx650f-review-83478.html">2008 Suzuki GSX650F Review</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Suzuki GSX650F Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

vermicious 06-20-2008 04:14 PM

Seems like a reasonably practical and not altogether hideous bike.

Flickmeister 06-23-2008 05:23 PM

Seems to have a lot of endearing qualities. It weighs about 20-25 lbs. less than the Bandit 1250 and has 600cc less. The frame and chassis look identical to the Bandit too. For another $1300, you can buy the Bandit and get a whole lot more performance (can you say T-O-R-Q-U-E?) for a relatively small amount of money.

The_AirHawk 06-23-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flickmeister (Post 187647)
Seems to have a lot of endearing qualities. It weighs about 20-25 lbs. less than the Bandit 1250 and has 600cc less. The frame and chassis look identical to the Bandit too. For another $1300, you can buy the Bandit and get a whole lot more performance (can you say T-O-R-Q-U-E?) for a relatively small amount of money.

I can't say Togru.... er.... Tongeu..... ah.... Troqw....

I can't say what you said.

pdad13 06-23-2008 09:55 PM

It is what it is. It's a fairly rational and practical bike for people who aren't ready for or have no use for a full-on sport bike. It would be nice to see more people cut their teeth on something like this instead of an R6.

But am I the only one who hates the Gixxer graphics package?

Now, on to my irrelevant and annoying tangent for the day: Can we all agree to stop saying and writing "based off?" Where did this come from? I hear people at work say it all the time now and it makes me cringe. Has anyone noticed that it makes no sense whatsoever? It's "based on," people. I haven't the foggiest idea how you base something off anything. Isn't it an oxymoron--like saying you "could care less" about something when you mean just the opposite? Does anyone actually listen to what they're saying? Why does this anger me so? Is it time for my medication?

The_AirHawk 06-23-2008 10:31 PM

Sounds like you wanna have your cake and eat it too..............

seruzawa 06-24-2008 04:53 AM

Jeez.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 187662)
It is what it is. It's a fairly rational and practical bike for people who aren't ready for or have no use for a full-on sport bike. It would be nice to see more people cut their teeth on something like this instead of an R6.

But am I the only one who hates the Gixxer graphics package?

Now, on to my irrelevant and annoying tangent for the day: Can we all agree to stop saying and writing "based off?" Where did this come from? I hear people at work say it all the time now and it makes me cringe. Has anyone noticed that it makes no sense whatsoever? It's "based on," people. I haven't the foggiest idea how you base something off anything. Isn't it an oxymoron--like saying you "could care less" about something when you mean just the opposite? Does anyone actually listen to what they're saying? Why does this anger me so? Is it time for my medication?

I'd better not tell you about the local slang usage. They say that they "unthaw" things in Utah.

And how did the city "Peking" ever become "Beijing"?

pplassm 06-24-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 187662)
Now, on to my irrelevant and annoying tangent for the day: Does anyone actually listen to what they're saying? Why does this anger me so? Is it time for my medication?

Ha! Go to New York and listen to people talk about "standing ON LINE".

Whaaa?

acecycleins 06-24-2008 12:04 PM

This is a proper "beginner" sportbike. Glad Zook replaced the baby Bandit and the Katana's. It's cheap to insure, too. Guys 40 and up will usually pay less than $400 annual. Riders between 20-40 are in the house for $400-$700 depending on zipcodes.