Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Honda has this sportbike thing down. Pretty even mix of street and track ability. I suggest it often to sportbike buyers. I like the new Suzuki look the best over the Japan Inc bikes, but in a perfect world I'd weigh 60 lbs less and pick the Triumph because it's not the norm.

Guys- nice shoot out. Maybe the best one yet. It gave enough great info to make an educated decision if you're in the market and if not in the market it was an entertaining read. Well done.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Supersport Shootout: CBR600RR vs Daytona 675 vs ZX-6R vs R6 vs GSX-R600

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//shoot-outs/2008-supersport-shootout-cbr600rr-vs-daytona-675-vs-zx6r-vs-r6-vs-gsxr600-82371.html">2008 Supersport Shootout: CBR600RR vs Daytona 675 vs ZX-6R vs R6 vs GSX-R600</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Supersport Shootout: CBR600RR vs Daytona 675 vs ZX-6R vs R6 vs GSX-R600 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I must say; those are certainly some GREEN wheels!

You guys are really getting a handle on quantifying the scoring for these shootouts in a way that lets us "see" how you arrived at your ranking. Keep up the Good Work.

Oh and Pete, - Whut the F is that in your Hand? In your HAND, Man! And don't give me no "I was just smackin' FLIES with it!" excuse...........

(although it's a bit more tolerable now without ***** at the tiller - doesn't read quite like "Hondacyclist Magazine" anymore)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Appreciate the nod on the shootout. These things are a bear. Kevin mostly gets the blame...er, credit for the current sensible scoring format.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout? The issue of MOre CYclops Monthly?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
12er
Founding Member

Where is the Duc? *waaaaa, snivle, sniff sniff* There for all you who was about to throw a fit I did it for ya.

Personally great review, though I would need two as roller blades as Yoga still barely lets me contort to sqeeze on those tiny beasts.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Where's the beef?

Did you test the ZX6R with the ECU derestricted or did you leave it stock (and choked)? Personally, I hope you did it derestricted.

The writing of the article is terrific. Nice job. But where are the dyno graphs, lap times, 1/4 mile times, top gear roll-ons, etc.? Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I just think it's cool that Alexandra's last name is Bong.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
pdad13
Founding Member

I, too, dig the new format. And I think the test results were pretty fair...

...except for one thing: Are you guys legally blind or just aesthetically-challenged? The Gixxer, CBR and ZX are better looking than the 675? I've seen them all in person. I was pleasantly surprised that the Gixxer wasn't quite as goofy as it looked in pictures, but it's not exactly beautiful. Maybe in white it's better...just better. The ZX is okay and same with the CBR.

I might have to cancel my free subscription.

Signed,

Outraged 675 Owner (and fanboy)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Which bike pulled harder out of the corners, the Honda or Triumph? Thanks, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
I, too, dig the new format. And I think the test results were pretty fair...

...except for one thing: Are you guys legally blind or just aesthetically-challenged? The Gixxer, CBR and ZX are better looking than the 675? I've seen them all in person. I was pleasantly surprised that the Gixxer wasn't quite as goofy as it looked in pictures, but it's not exactly beautiful. Maybe in white it's better...just better. The ZX is okay and same with the CBR.

I might have to cancel my free subscription.

Signed,

Outraged 675 Owner (and fanboy)
Could you post that just one more time?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote