Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
pdad13
Founding Member

Default You just did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Could you post that just one more time?
I'm really outraged.

(Seriously, what the f*ck is up with the forums?)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

"Where's the beef? <!-- checks for warning system --> <!-- end of warning system --> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- Show warned sign --><!-- End of show warned sign --> <!-- message --> Did you test the ZX6R with the ECU derestricted or did you leave it stock (and choked)? Personally, I hope you did it derestricted.

The writing of the article is terrific. Nice job. But where are the dyno graphs, lap times, 1/4 mile times, top gear roll-ons, etc.? Cheers, Jack"

We did test the Ninja in both modes. Unfortunately, it is still a tad underpowered on top compared to the other four bikes.

There are three dyno chart images in the gallery at the top of page 1. We're working to get the first image (ZX in jumper and non-jumper mode) repaired as well as inserting the other two dyno graphs in the story text.

Regarding lap times, 1/4 times, etc, they tend to be too cost prohibitive to acquire. Let me 'splain. It's not commonly known, though not a secret, that most OEMs do not want their supersorts or literbikes tested for times at a public trackday. This is a reasonable request as you simply couldn't get a clean lap with a bunch of other bikes in the way. So, consider the cost of renting an entire race track and strip, and you can see how ridiculously expensive this can get. I know we look like a million dollars, but we can't justify the outlay at this time.

We do test them at a track for track environment impressions. But we also feel that an equal amount, if not more, weight should be granted to street riding impressions. Sure, these things are very much "race bikes with lights," but just because tens of thousands of them are sold annually in the U.S. doesn't mean that tens of thousands of them will be raced or even taken to a track. Hope that gives you some insight into our methodology.

--Pete

Last edited by Pete_Brissette : 06-18-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Quote orig quest.
Pete_Brissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Where is the Duc? *waaaaa, snivle, sniff sniff* There for all you who was about to throw a fit I did it for ya.

Personally great review, though I would need two as roller blades as Yoga still barely lets me contort to sqeeze on those tiny beasts.

In a perfect world we would've tested the 848 as well. Alas, a number of things (not people or companies) conspired against this happening. I will speculate that it may have scored very high overall, but would have been penalized severely for Price.

--Pete
Old 06-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Enough with the tuff questions already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickmeister View Post
Which bike pulled harder out of the corners, the Honda or Triumph? Thanks, Jack
Hmm... Your questions just keep getting more difficult. There's no scientific way to say, but Englishman Steve felt that the Honda "rips out of corners." He has owned before and currently owns a 675. Helpful?

Last edited by Pete_Brissette : 06-18-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Enough with the tuff questions already. ;^D
Pete_Brissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Pete,

Thanks for answering my questions. I understand why you do what you have to do. I do appreciate valuable impressions of how a machine performs more than the cold, hard lap times, but I'm anal enough to appreciate the numbers too. Thanks Pete. I appreciate your time and efforts to answer my questions. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
(Seriously, what the f*ck is up with the forums?)
pdad13, I remind you of the immortal words of John F. Kennedy:

"Ask not: what the f*ck is up with the forums. Ask rather: what is f*cked up with the forums."
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default typo

you spelled suspension wrong in the header section where you list the rankings of the bikes; the 2nd s and p are transposed: supsension

feel free to delete my post after fixing it
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #18
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Oi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreb_Cycle View Post
you spelled suspension wrong in the header section where you list the rankings of the bikes; the 2nd s and p are transposed: supsension

feel free to delete my post after fixing it
Becoming horribly incensed after seeing this dutiful note on a typo, I raced to my submitted text knowing full-well after having re-read the text 1.2 trillion times that I simply couldn't have done such a thing. I have two things to say. I was right, and our web builders shall receive a thorough flogging with a bunch of that hard and dry decorative corn that subscribers to Better Homes and Gardens hang from there door in early fall.

Sure it's easy for me to say that it wasn't me, but it weren't. Thanks, Kreb.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #19
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Wink there door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette View Post
I was right, and our web builders shall receive a thorough flogging with a bunch of that hard and dry decorative corn that subscribers to Better Homes and Gardens hang from there door in early fall.
Apparently I have to have at least ten characters of my own in this message, or it won't post.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #20
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Whateva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Apparently I have to have at least ten characters of my own in this message, or it won't post.
Did you happen to note what time I posted that note? I only had one eye open. 'Least I didn't fix my post then delete yers.