Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
xyzyyz
Registered Member

Default FIR Phoenix ?

Has Anybody have any info. on a manufacturer FIR. They produce a model called a phoenix. It's looks sharp and 125cc. I saw it on ebay and was woundering is it any good a a comuter bike. Reliable? any input would be appreciated.
Thanks. Ric.
xyzyyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Ric, I personally have never heard of it. I question whether it could be licensed in the United States, too (if you are in the US). If you want a small commuter bike in the US check out the Kawasaki Ninja 250 or a scooter.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

A simple google netted this link:

FJR phoenix, 125cc sportbike... cool looking bike... - Sportbikes.net

It's like I expected. Poor Chinese quality, problematic parts support. I wouldn't touch one of these with a ten foot pole.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
xyzyyz
Registered Member

Default FIR Phonix?

here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5684_3.jpg (96.3 KB, 8 views)
xyzyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I was down at the auto parts super duper store the other day and they were selling bikes that pretty much fit the description that Cuddy posted, 2/3 replicas of Honda street and dirt bikes. They wanted $1,400 for the dirt bike and $2,100 for the street bike. They also had ATVs from $350 and up. They just oozed cheap, the metal was corroded in places and there were stress cracks on the plastic panels where the bolts went through. But I guess they sell; they had this book at the register with the sales contracts ready to go, and what I think was the DMV forms to register them. I'm waiting for the Adobe Cycle to come out: "The first 1000cc motorcycle to break the $200 price barrier!"
Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default The Fur Phoenix

Looks like another Chinese knock off with an old SL125 single cylinder motor that has no parts availablity or dealer network. Since you're buying it "in the crate" all bets are off. Reminds me of a Jawa 90 I purchased long ago...Here's a sales blurb on it...

Product info: Offered today is a brand new track motorcycle still in it's shipping crate. The bike you see in the photos is the actual bike you will receive. It is fully assembled. This bike has a 125cc engine with electric and kick-start, dual front hydraulic brakes, 4 speed transmission, 16" rims, adjustable rear shock..the list goes on! This motorcycle is a 2/3rds size replica of the famous Honda CBR, and is pictured with a 5'9" rider on it. This bike has been imported into Canada as a restricted use motorcycle only, which means you cannot ride it on the street. If you live in the USA please check your local laws since they differ from Canada and some states allow this motorcycle to be registered for street use. It does come with a certificate of origin from the factory in China where it was made, a 17 digit VIN number, and a Transport Canada RUM sticker, which is required for this type of vehicle in Canada. It is also equipped with indicators, horn and headlights. This bike can be shipped or picked up at our store, and we can ship it to the USA as long as the buyer is able to handle any and all paperwork regarding the importation. This is a motor vehicle and would have to be imported into the USA as such, and said importation is the responsibility of the buyer. Shipping within Canada is $200.00, shipping to the USA will be $500.00 and it will arrive on a pallett.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I was down at the auto parts super duper store the other day and they were selling bikes that pretty much fit the description that Cuddy posted, 2/3 replicas of Honda street and dirt bikes. They wanted $1,400 for the dirt bike and $2,100 for the street bike. They also had ATVs from $350 and up. They just oozed cheap, the metal was corroded in places and there were stress cracks on the plastic panels where the bolts went through. But I guess they sell; they had this book at the register with the sales contracts ready to go, and what I think was the DMV forms to register them. I'm waiting for the Adobe Cycle to come out: "The first 1000cc motorcycle to break the $200 price barrier!"
What does Klazy Ken say? Is it better to spend $5000 on an ATV and have it last for several years or is it better to buy cheap Chinese and buy one every year?