Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8429-2008-honda-silver-wing-abs-review.html)

Administrator 06-12-2008 01:21 PM

2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS Review

Original Article:
2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 06-13-2008 01:18 AM

Not that I'm belittling your comments (in fact, they're very GOOD points) - but that hardly qualifies as "Speechless"............. :D

xlr8r 06-13-2008 01:56 AM

Speechless..

This might be the worst review I have ever seen on MO. Let's assume that the whole tone of the piece is actually supposed to be ironic, so that you actually do understand that a scooter is the perfect urban vehicle, though atmittedly an acquired taste. There's still no excuse for telling us in a bullet point that the gas mileage is poor yet not giving us the figures, telling us that the underseat storage is big-ish but not saying whether you can get two helmets in and still close the seat, or not telling us whether it has enough oomph to handle freeways safely and easily. And what use is stating the underseat storage in gallons, unless transporting large volumes of liquids? As for the idea of braking using the rear brake only, especially on a vehicle with the engine at the rear, well, words fail me. You can do better than this, MO, and must, if you want to keep subscribers.

BrowningBAR 06-13-2008 05:17 AM

It looks like MO has purchased, or gotten the rights to publish reviews from a site called scooterreview.com. The byline on the article even states that it is from scooterreview.com.

I think this is an effort from MO to be able to have more content without increasing the staff and payroll. Which isn't a bad thing, but the articles might not have the same tone you are used to or expecting.

steven_1 06-13-2008 05:49 AM

When I can no longer swing my leg over the Uly I just bought I'll be ready for this bike. Yoga class here I come.

Buzglyd 06-13-2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 187052)
It looks like MO has purchased, or gotten the rights to publish reviews from a site called scooterreview.com. The byline on the article even states that it is from scooterreview.com.

I think this is an effort from MO to be able to have more content without increasing the staff and payroll. Which isn't a bad thing, but the articles might not have the same tone you are used to or expecting.

Not to mention it leaves more time for sleeping and longer lunches! ;-)