Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
prague124
Registered Member

Default Triumph

I am looking at a Triumph T100 Bonniville, 2006 with 8k for 5995.00 Kelly Blue Book does not have enough of them to make a price estimate (Retail or Trade-in). Any suggestions? Also, I have been riding a small bike (250 Rebel for about a year). Is it too big a leap to go to an 865? Thanks!
prague124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Try nadaguides.com. That's the book value that banks use. KBB is used by sellers for overpricing purposes.
There's a guy down the road selling his 2001 with 6,000 miles for 5,499.

NADA has it listed for $2400-$2900. I was actually interested in it until I saw his price.

His reasoning? It has aftermarket pipes and he feels it is in as good a shape as a new bike.

Good luck with that...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Try nadaguides.com. That's the book value that banks use. KBB is used by sellers for overpricing purposes.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prague124 View Post
I am looking at a Triumph T100 Bonniville, 2006 with 8k for 5995.00 Kelly Blue Book does not have enough of them to make a price estimate (Retail or Trade-in). Any suggestions? Also, I have been riding a small bike (250 Rebel for about a year). Is it too big a leap to go to an 865? Thanks!
It will be a change thats for sure but the bonnies arent as hot of tune as other bikes in that cc range. Go easy on the throttle the first few times and you should be ok.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
There's a guy down the road selling his 2001 with 6,000 miles for 5,499.

NADA has it listed for $2400-$2900. I was actually interested in it until I saw his price.

His reasoning? It has aftermarket pipes and he feels it is in as good a shape as a new bike.

Good luck with that...
Does he know that it's 7 years old?

It's amazing what people think their old shyt is worth. Is it greed? Or just delusion?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Well, my buell is a collector's item now because it's air cooled. I'll sell it to you for 12 grand. $1450 if you want me to install some pipes.
What is that a picture of in your avatar?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Well, my buell is a collector's item now because it's air cooled. I'll sell it to you for 12 grand. $1450 if you want me to install some pipes.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Err...yes but...

A neighbor up the street bought the Thruxton version, and I was unimpressed. They might be nice bikes and all that, but if you're going to do a retro version of one of the most famous motorcycles ever produced, at least give it some styling clues that point to the original (like in the motor department). To me they look like a thalilomide CB350.

Also the damn thing was so plugged up it would hardly get out of it's own way, and sounded like a Honda generator...
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well the T100's are more fun than a pillowcase full of puppies...New they're only around $8500 or so, so I'd say the price was high by a grand at least given these dark and troubled times... other than that they are a total kick in the pants to ride, beautiful to look at and excellent aftermarket support. I had both a T 100 and a Thruxton and enjoyed the whole experiance however they are physically on the small side so if you'r tall or large they can be a bit cramped. Still excellent bike though.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Hell, the Kawasaki copy even sounded like a Bonneville. And it had a kick starter too...those wacky Japanese....