Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Star V-Max Preview

Original Article:
2009 Star V-Max Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Star V-Max Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
12er
Founding Member

If this isnt a "Murdercicle" I dont know what is. I read those numbers and my jaw hit the floor. To quote Joe Dirt, "DANG!" Looks sharp, would love to ride one. I agree with Ace, Yamaha - Well Done!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
SixString_Blues
Registered Member

That is an awesome machine. It's too bad that some people won't give it a chance just because it's a Yamaha. Those kind of people are morons...
SixString_Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Everybody want some- I want some, too! Diamond Dave

It's going to be the coolest dragbike at the strip. Anything that lauches with a 123ft lbs is gonna be an arm stretcher.

Worth the wait Yamaha- well done!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixString_Blues View Post
That is an awesome machine. It's too bad that some people won't give it a chance just because it's a Yamaha. Those kind of people are morons...
I won't give it a chance because a "mere" 120hp already puts my license in jeopardy. LOL!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
bmwclay
Founding Member

Soft bags and the largest National Cycle windshield I can find and I am there!
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
RonXX
Founding Member

Thumbs down Get real

"proddie bike"....come on, are you guys serious with that kind of crap? Who said that because a "cruiser type" would be riding a bike that it needed a bigger rear brake? Maybe that has more to do with the designed weight distribution of this motorcycle than your perception of the braking capability of particular riders. No, I don't ride a cruiser. I'm glad that I let my paid subscription to this site elapse because I would be ashamed to pay to read idiotic nonsense like this.

Yamaha is out of their minds with this build to order idea and an $18K price tag. Then again maybe now that a million homes are in foreclosure in the U.S. there are a million dummies out there with a little extra cash in their pockets to throw away since they aren't paying their mortgage anymore.

Last edited by RonXX : 06-05-2008 at 05:32 PM.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

So Kirk, what's the deal going to be on insuring this beast for those of us with...shall we say...less than virginal driving records? I wonder if Yamaha can slot this into a Gold Wing catagory with some fancy footwork. I can just see the gecko splattered on the headlight now. I understand the bike makes an appearance in the upcoming "Get Smart" movie. 99 is riding bytch moaning "oooh Maaaax."
Old 06-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXX View Post
"proddie bike"....come on, are you guys serious with that kind of crap? Who said that because a "cruiser type" would be riding a bike that it needed a bigger rear brake? Maybe that has more to do with the designed weight distribution of this motorcycle than your perception of the braking capability of particulary riders. No, I don't ride a cruiser. I'm glad that I let my paid subscription to this site elapse because I would be ashamed to pay to read idiotic nonsense like this.

Yamaha is out of their minds with this build to order idea and an $18K price tag. Then again maybe now that a million homes are in foreclosure in the U.S. there are a million dummies out there with a little extra cash in their pockets to throw away since they aren't paying their mortgage anymore.
Gee Ron,
A little narrow minded, huh.... Don't you think that you can build a power cruiser that actually handles and brakes? $18K is steep, but the orininal was expensive. When your average bike is pushing $13k what's a the big deal to pony up another $5k?
BTW- if you're that dissatisfied with MO why return?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #10
Duken4evr
Founding Member

It is about time. Liking the performance touches - real brakes, inverted fork with nitrided sliders, and of course a very serious looking engine.

Given the HP bar set by the B-King, it will have over 160 hp at the wheel. I also expect it will be neutered in the lower 3 gears and that it won't be an easy matter of adding a TRE to eliminate it. Oh well, it still looks like an awesome bike. No doubt it will rip along just fine, and the tuners out there will be pulling 200 hp from it in no time.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote