Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoldman View Post
Good ****ing god that is an ugly piece of crap. How could a thinking human have had anything to do with that design? I'm not sure a GN250 is uglier. Anyone who buys one should be immediately referred to the IRS for an audit. Can I make this any clearer? This may be the worst motorcycle EVER. Ugg.
Worse than the Victory Vision?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
fastoldman
Founding Member

Good ****ing god that is an ugly piece of crap. How could a thinking human have had anything to do with that design? I'm not sure a GN250 is uglier. Anyone who buys one should be immediately referred to the IRS for an audit. Can I make this any clearer? This may be the worst motorcycle EVER. Ugg.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #13
fastoldman
Founding Member

I don't know - jesus, the mind reels just picturing the two at one time. Aiiieeeeee! How could anything be uglier than the Vision? And yet - with the disappointment factor the new VMax brings? It is a rough choice indeed.

Of course, my repulsion indicates I will never be close to either one, but I must say I wish the VMax had been more attractive. I had fostered thoughts that it would outshine, visually, the original, and perhaps be something I might enjoy. Hence the inspiration to draw me from retirement; only a truly hideous or wonderful bike could wake me from slumber.

Last edited by fastoldman : 06-05-2008 at 11:52 PM.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:20 AM   #14
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Cool Is it a cruiser or standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Gee Ron,
A little narrow minded, huh.... Don't you think that you can build a power cruiser that actually handles and brakes? $18K is steep, but the orininal was expensive. When your average bike is pushing $13k what's a the big deal to pony up another $5k?
BTW- if you're that dissatisfied with MO why return?
IMHO, the defining characteristic of a cruiser is forward foot controls and a relaxed riding position. From the few photos, it looks more like a standard riding position with the feet under the thigh or seat. This means it will likely be an abysmal failure. C'mon, with the OCCing of America (constantly being bombarded with images of raked out choppers) it's not difficult to understand why we just don't get it when it comes to standards. I guess "power standard" doesn't have quite the ring.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXX View Post
"proddie bike"....come on, are you guys serious with that kind of crap? Who said that because a "cruiser type" would be riding a bike that it needed a bigger rear brake? Maybe that has more to do with the designed weight distribution of this motorcycle than your perception of the braking capability of particular riders.
Thanks for answering your own reckless question.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoldman View Post
This may be the worst motorcycle EVER. Ugg.
Wow, if I knew that I could review a motorcycle without ever sitting on it, I could save myself a whole bunch of time!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

If it were my bike, I'd have it shoot rockets out of those air scoop deals. Then I'd wear a rubber Godzilla suit whenever I rode it, and just let Dr. Seruzawa try and knock me off the bike with one o' those little minature Japanese tanks. No way Jose. I'd be Ghodlike.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #18
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Default To quote Dan Walsh...

Clutch out, walking speed, clutch in, handful of throttle, clutch out. How many times can you do that on one rear tire? Dunno, but I bet it would be pretty darn fun to find out on this thing.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
anrajala
Founding Member

>IMHO, the defining characteristic of a cruiser is forward
>foot controls and a relaxed riding position. From the few
>photos, it looks more like a standard riding position with
>the feet under the thigh or seat.

Come on Sprocket, thread carefully now. Longride has read from Ladies Home Journal that V-Max is a cruiser and he just hates to be corrected. As far as I am concerned cruiser it is.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I already proved that the V-Max is a cruiser. Get over it. One can only correct someone if he actually knows what in the hell he is talking about, and I proved about 100 times that ain't you. 61 horsepower anyone?