Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
MDBeach
Registered Member

Default Hello to all from Guntersville, AL

What's happening guys? I am a newbie from Guntersville, Alabama. I am attempting to get into the used bike business, but I have been a rider since birth. I have a week spot for sportbikes, but I also like cruisers. I have just purchased my first bike since 2002, and it will be here June 23rd. Hopefully. I bought it out of Oakland, CA and am having it shipped by Federal. Does anyone have a recommendation on bike haulers?

Anyway, the first bike is a 2003 Triumph Daytona 955i. I have never ridden a Daytona before, so I can't wait! Even more so, I can't wait to hear the wonderful triple! Music to my ears! I am gonna need to buy some gear real soon as well, so if anyone has any recommendations on helmets and gear, I would appreciate that, too. It has been a while for me.

Hope to see as many of you as possible on the streets here in beautiful Guntersville, Alabama!
MDBeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

MDB,

Check out the 'New Riders' forum. I believe there is a stickie or somesuch.

AFA PPE, I'm partial to Joe Rocket textile jackets. I've about worn out a set of Ballistic pants.

Gloves - I love my Lee Park's Design 'DeerTours' in Black. Pricey, but they are really nice gloves.

Helmets - Yer on your own, there. WAY too many variables.

Boots - Anything that covers your ankles, or higher. I wear Rockport hikers, but they have gotten out of that business. Wolverine makes several variants, under several Brand names, including H-D.

You are gonna love the 955i. Not much aftermarket for them, however. Check out Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums for a variety of fora.

Good Luck!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
MDBeach
Registered Member

Thanks! I am not too worried about aftermarket stuff right now. I need to get my riding skills back up to speed before I can even begin to worry about go fast stuff. Aesthetically, I love the look of the bike. I don't particularly care for the can, but I don't see myself dragging it either.

I also have just finished up a Ducati 900 SS purchase. Never rode a Duc either. This one needs some minor changes though, and will just be a project.

I'm not a new rider, or even a young rider for that matter. I just always had GSXRs in tears past. Man I'm getting old. I feel older just by saying that!
MDBeach is offline   Reply With Quote