Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Joy of living around people... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8309)

sarnali2 06-02-2008 01:16 PM

You could always place a saucer of anti freeze under the bike that "leaked " out.

That'll take care of Roscoe once and for all.

SixString_Blues 06-02-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 186254)
You could always place a saucer of anti freeze under the bike that "leaked " out.

That's funny, but I could never bring myself to do that. I feel as though it's the owners fault more than anything. If I were out walking a dog and it started to urinate on somebodies car..ect. I'd yank the dang leash and kick the dog in the butt.

Kenneth_Moore 06-02-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 186254)

Or our friendly poster-ette. My Connie dumped anti-freeze on the rear tire once. Damn that stuff is slicker'n snot! I was following my pal on a exit ramp, and I was sliding all over the place. He's just putting through the ramp, happy as a clam, and I'm having this life and death struggle to keep the bike upright. When I finally stopped, the green Prestone was all over the back of the bike. There's one good argument for air-cooling!

BrowningBAR 06-02-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 186263)
Or our friendly poster-ette. My Connie dumped anti-freeze on the rear tire once. Damn that stuff is slicker'n snot! I was following my pal on a exit ramp, and I was sliding all over the place. He's just putting through the ramp, happy as a clam, and I'm having this life and death struggle to keep the bike upright. When I finally stopped, the green Prestone was all over the back of the bike. There's one good argument for air-cooling!

Well thank godd there are no curvy roads in Florida, otherwise it could have been worse. :)

LadyFutureRider 06-03-2008 04:44 AM

It's definitely on the owner. If they had showed the dog specific places to go, they'd stay in that spot and do the thing. You know, contrary to what some people believe, dogs ARE trainable...

pushrod 06-03-2008 01:17 PM

Y'all are assuming the dog had a human on the other end of a leash.

Not necessarily.

Another good reason to drape a tarp or king-size bedsheet over the bike. The first one is to hide the bike from plain site.

Keeps the cat footprints off, too.

Kenneth_Moore 06-03-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 186317)

Keeps the cat footprints off, too.

Does anybody have a remedy for keeping a fat assed cat from sleeping on the roof of my new convertible Mini? That lump of lard is leaving a big "dent" in the top's fabric, not to mention some kind of fur-like excretion that cannot be from this planet. I'd shoot at the sucker from the balcony, but I'm afraid the shot would penetrate the car. (I'm KIDDING, I love cats) (fried)

longride 06-03-2008 02:46 PM

Rubber snake trick might work.

seruzawa 06-03-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 186331)
Rubber snake trick might work.

BB guns work marvelously.

sarnali2 06-03-2008 03:07 PM

A baseball bat followed by a sharp knife, frying pan, some olive oil, garlic and lemon pepper would be my guess....maybe some asparagus and those little peeled potato's in a can with butter and Rosemary sprinkled over them..

Or you could get that cat and dog repellent spray and spray the roof down. One or two applications should be enough to change it's habits.