Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8199-2008-moto-guzzi-stelvio-review.html)

Administrator 05-21-2008 01:53 PM

2008 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Review

Original Article:
2008 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

BrowningBAR 05-21-2008 01:56 PM

Yossef is back! (well, maybe he never left...)

Yossef articles are the greatest.

Anyhow, it's a weird bike and some might even say a little ugly...which of course means I like it.

giganto 05-22-2008 04:28 AM

What the B. Bar said. Ill have my Behemoth Moto in siver please.
My girlfriend would also go on more frequent, "big loops" if this particular Italian were in the garage.
More reviews from Yossey, please.

longride 05-22-2008 05:01 AM

I'm not really into motorcycling's version of the SUV, the MUV. I guess these bikes are nice, but I guess if it ain't fugly, it ain't a MUV. Yossef still rules!

seruzawa 05-22-2008 05:26 AM

Dang. That Guzzi makes Ken's V-Strom look svelte. I'd rather have a Griso. Or a Breva sport.

Europeans are huge on big "DP" bikes even though there's almost no place that they are allowed to use them off road any more. And this supports the belief that "europeans are more sophisticated than Americans" how? Looks like they buy bikes as irrationally as anyone else does.

Buzglyd 05-22-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 185437)
Dang. That Guzzi makes Ken's V-Strom look svelte. I'd rather have a Griso. Or a Breva sport.

Europeans are huge on big "DP" bikes even though there's almost no place that they are allowed to use them off road any more. And this supports the belief that "europeans are more sophisticated than Americans" how? Looks like they buy bikes as irrationally as anyone else does.

Some of those streets in the Euro cities feel like you're offroad!

Kenneth_Moore 05-22-2008 06:40 AM

Huzzah! A Dual-Sport competitor to the VStrom that's actually uglier than my bike! I hope they sell a million of 'em.

seruzawa 05-22-2008 07:05 AM

Dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 185439)
Huzzah! A Dual-Sport competitor to the VStrom that's actually uglier than my bike! I hope they sell a million of 'em.

Aside from the Tiger they are ALL uglier than the V-Strom. BMW jigsaw puzzle. KTM cubist nightmare. Multistrada Cylon raider. LOL! Where's David Carradine? They were designed for the Death Race 2000. Or 2008 now.

BTW, it's not snowing where you live is it? If not you could ship some of your excess co2 over here, please?

BrowningBAR 05-22-2008 07:17 AM

No, right now it is 8 layers of ugly in Florida. Tons of Forest Fires (where is a Boeing engineer when we need him) and a lot of drought. My parents lawn is dead as dead can be and they are on water restrictions. The lake is in decent shape right now, but southern Florida has been frying with temps in the mid to upper 90s.

I'd rather have my 56 degree temps than deal with that throughout the year.

Fenton 05-22-2008 07:36 AM

I try to like the Guzzi line-up but there is always one thing that I can't like about each bike. This one happens to posses a stupefying disregard for aesthetics. They should have named it the Gargoyle.

Thanks for the read Yossef