Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,463
Default I'm disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
Where's the huge electronic whiteboard? Where's the earpiece microphone? Why is there a podium to keep you from pacing back an forth?

You obviously need some help with you seminar paradigm. I prescribe 72 hours non-stop infommercials. Start with this guys:

Venus Labs and Omar Alexander: What Product is This Man Selling? - Blog - Ridiculous Infomercial Review
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Where's the huge electronic whiteboard? Where's the earpiece microphone? Why is there a podium to keep you from pacing back an forth?

You obviously need some help with you seminar paradigm. I prescribe 72 hours non-stop infommercials. Start with this guys:

Venus Labs and Omar Alexander: What Product is This Man Selling? - Blog - Ridiculous Infomercial Review
Omar Alexander? That's Superfly Jimmy Snuka's brother, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snuka9ig[1].jpg (32.2 KB, 3 views)
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #23
BimotaRich
Founding Member
 
BimotaRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
Cool Great bike but it looks too much like a Vstrom

I love all things Guzzi and used to ride a V65C back in the day complete w/hack...

I really appreciate the recent updates Guzzi has given its motors and I am pleased to see fit and finish are top notch... styling has been controversial with many Guzzis but usually I fall in the camp who appreciates the direction that they chose (I really liked the Centaur even if no one else did, and I dig the Grisso as well and the new Cali makes me want to trade in my sport bike for a cruiser). However, this particular Guzzi just does not do it for me... it looks too plasticky and too much like a Vstrom or that new Kawasaki thingamobob that does everything well but looks ugly as sin... I actually liked the chunky old Quotas looks better... Function over fashion is all well and good... lets hope function is enough in this case! I hope there is a Guzzi in my future... but its not this one...
__________________
1200 Triumph Daytona
BimotaRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default Gad am I that transparent???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I'll put my money down on you buying the Vstrom 1000 before those others you listed. You are far to cantankerous to deal with a bad dealer network or parts ordering issues (M.G.) and seem to be far beyond the days where you want to spend more time wrenching than riding (Ural). You might get the Buell, but I'm thinking the VStrom is what you'll end up with.

You read me like a book, though oddly enough there are at least two Guzzi dealers in the Seattle area... The Ural is a pipe dream, I just thing they're the bees knees.

A Vstrom or Buell are definatly possibilities with good dealer support nearby for both, comparably priced...tough call really though the Buell doesn't have the Suzuki's reliability record.

Either Guzzi would be totally cool though expensive and parts and stuff are reputed to be a pain....Like I said I don't have the coin right now anyway so I have time to decide. Plus Ken has a Vstrom, I mean dude, how cool is that !!!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 05-22-2008 at 04:40 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #25
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Plus Ken has a Vstrom, I mean dude, how cool is that !!!
All kidding aside (for just a moment, anyway) I have to say that the VStrom has turned out to be a super bike in every way. It has the acceleration needed to toast any car and a lot of bikes, cruises at 100 like you're doing 50, it's comfortable even for an guy like me with all the breaks, aches, and pains, the vtwin engine just purrs and has zero vibration at any RPM. AND, the thing I really like about it: it's fun and easy to work on, which to date has consisted of oil changes and installing accessories. I mean farkels. Someday I guess I'll have to do the TPS and TBS, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

The worst thing I can say about is that it's got an ass like a doublewide trailer when the Givis are on; and even that's not such a bad thing since it keeps me from splitting lanes, which is illegal here in FL. Tell you what Snarls, drag your butt down here this summer, and you can ride Sam Suzuki down to Key West. I'll rent a Road Glide again from my pal at Rossmeyer and dust the cobwebs off my arm chaps. Den Klazy Ken make you hell of deal on barely used one-owner dripping with chrome too many options to list never down divorce forces sale CLEAN TITLE IN HAND DEE ELL ONE TOWSAN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stromlights-1.JPG (190.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg VstromGreen-1.JPG (219.7 KB, 6 views)
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 05-22-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
All kidding aside (for just a moment, anyway) I have to say that the VStrom has turned out to be a super bike in every way. It has the acceleration needed to toast any car and a lot of bikes, cruises at 100 like you're doing 50, it's comfortable even for an guy like me with all the breaks, aches, and pains, the vtwin engine just purrs and has zero vibration at any RPM. AND, the thing I really like about it: it's fun and easy to work on, which to date has consisted of oil changes and installing accessories. I mean farkels. Someday I guess I'll have to do the TPS and TBS, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

The worst thing I can say about is that it's got an ass like a doublewide trailer when the Givis are on; and even that's not such a bad thing since it keeps me from splitting lanes, which is illegal here in FL. Tell you what Snarls, drag your butt down here this summer, and you can ride Sam Suzuki down to Key West. I'll rent a Road Glide again from my pal at Rossmeyer and dust the cobwebs off my arm chaps. Den Klazy Ken make you hell of deal on barely used one-owner dripping with chrome too many options to list never down divorce forces sale CLEAN TITLE IN HAND DEE ELL ONE TOWSAN!
Heck I'm headin' down to Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday. I'll take it off your hands!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #27
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Heck I'm headin' down to Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday. I'll take it off your hands!
No kiddin? Last time you were down I invited you to ride the beloved '77 FXS, but you were too busy. Think you'll have a spare minute or two this trip? I might be able to get you into a seminar if you play your cards right.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
No kiddin? Last time you were down I invited you to ride the beloved '77 FXS, but you were too busy. Think you'll have a spare minute or two this trip? I might be able to get you into a seminar if you play your cards right.
I'm sitting on your porch right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #29
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
You read me like a book, though oddly enough there are at least two Guzzi dealers in the Seattle area... The Ural is a pipe dream, I just thing they're the bees knees.

A Vstrom or Buell are definatly possibilities with good dealer support nearby for both, comparably priced...tough call really though the Buell doesn't have the Suzuki's reliability record.

Either Guzzi would be totally cool though expensive and parts and stuff are reputed to be a pain....Like I said I don't have the coin right now anyway so I have time to decide. Plus Ken has a Vstrom, I mean dude, how cool is that !!!
Fess up, you're as cheap as Seruzawa and I am. You lust after the pricy Italian model, but you will go for the economic "sure thing". You want to ride and not worry about sh!t going wrong. The Suzuki is what you will buy. You owned a Bandit, for Christ's sake!

Crap, I'm out of Whiskey and this damned northeastern state doesn't sell a damned thing after 11pm on a weekday.

What was I thinking moving here?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #30
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

I'll have Jeeves put the hounds away and send the car out to the gate. Please complete your retinal scan and DNA test prior to entering. Thanks!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off