Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default Traction Control for $1,000!


Original Article:
Traction Control for $1,000!

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Traction Control for $1,000! in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Let me state for the record that there is nothing cooler than watching Superbikes or GP bikes spin up off a corner. Watching Nicky use the trottle is like watching Picasso paint. It's always beautiful, even if misunderstood.

That said, traction control is here to stay. It's on almost every sportbike that counts and will be on all the ones that don't. It takes a degree or two of finesse out, but cuts lap times and that's what gets pole. My biggest issue with it is solved with affordablity. So, why complain? It's here. It will be used and it's not going away. If it's only a grand and it helps privateers like #85 Ryan Elleby to compete then good. The guy can now concentrate on bigger issues, like not being lapped.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Let me state for the record that there is nothing cooler than watching Superbikes or GP bikes spin up off a corner. Watching Nicky use the trottle is like watching Picasso paint. It's always beautiful, even if misunderstood.
There are some excellent comments on traction control in this month's CW. In the write-up on the Daytona races, Mladin is paraphrased as saying: "Do what you like, but the fast riders will go to the front." BTW, Kirk, the whole write up on Daytona was quite good. If you haven't read it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Always more fun to read about stuff like that when you were there.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 05-12-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
There are some excellent comments on traction control in this month's CW. In the write-up on the Daytona races, Mladin is paraphrased as saying: "Do what you like, but the fast riders will go to the front." BTW, Kirk, the whole write up on Daytona was quite good. If you haven't read it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Always more fun to read about stuff like that when you were there.
At the rate technology is going in a few years the bikes will ride themselves.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
At the rate technology is going in a few years the bikes will ride themselves.
When Harleys can ride themselves will the bikes still demand to be strapped to a trailer during travel?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
When Harleys can ride themselves will the bikes still demand to be strapped to a trailer during travel?
No- but they'll b!tch about wearing helmets and having to mute their pipes.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
No- but they'll b!tch about wearing helmets and having to mute their pipes.
And as soon as they're put together they'll want to know how to increase their HP.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
At the rate technology is going in a few years the bikes will ride themselves.
Hell, they're already almost there! Now and again, you get one that decides it's had "enough" and makes a break for it..........

Failed motorcycle burnout

I dig the calm demeanor of the dude next to the orange CBR.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default moron...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Hell, they're already almost there! Now and again, you get one that decides it's had "enough" and makes a break for it..........

Failed motorcycle burnout

I dig the calm demeanor of the dude next to the orange CBR.

amazing, why don't they just learn to ride the dam* things instead of making complete fools out of themselves.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
vermicious
Registered Member
 
vermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 553
Default

Because making a complete fool of themselves gives them a greater sense of accomplishment than only making a partial fool of themselves?
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off