Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/8071-matt-mladin-one-straight-talkin-racer.html)

Administrator 05-09-2008 02:23 PM

Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer!

Original Article:
Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer!

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer! in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 05-09-2008 02:46 PM

Oh goody. Red meat! (popcorn popping in background)

acecycleins 05-12-2008 06:17 AM

I believe every sport needs a villan and Matt makes a good one. He's the Racer X of AMA. Most hate him but all respect him.

pikehk 05-12-2008 09:27 AM

I can't watch AMA it is way to boring and has been for a long time. Can someone tell me why Suzuki wins every year and everybody else is an also ran?

The_AirHawk 05-12-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikehk (Post 184757)
Can someone tell me why Suzuki wins every year and everybody else is an also ran?

'Cuz they've got Mat Mladin - DUH! :D

Hello! McFly!

acecycleins 05-12-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 184758)
'Cuz they've got Mat Mladin - DUH! :D

Hello! McFly!

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Yosh do a "real" FX tuned bike and pit it against the current Superbike class? Bet Matt would still be on the box.

acecycleins 05-12-2008 10:06 AM

BTW- it's clear that Matt prefers the current rules, but he's a business man, too. If Suzuki deems it- seems he'd be willing to run the Daytona Superbike class. Interesting............

Fenton 05-12-2008 06:43 PM

I like his straight forward no bs approach to his job. The downside is you can't really be a total PITA off the track cause you are 5'4" and weigh 143lbs.

HelterSkelter 05-13-2008 04:41 AM

Mat, a cool guy, I just wish he'd gone to wsbk 4 or 5 years ago.

I for one won't be crying over the demise of AMA Suzukibike...er....superbike, it's boring as hell and the first two spots on the podium are a foregone conclusion, the race is really for third place.

Who can honestly say that Supersport and FX isn't way more entertaining (and closer) racing? I think that DMG is on to something, the manufacturers can cry a river sales of litrebikes won't change one iota, let's face it 1. this is the USA and bigger IS better and 2. most are sold to testosterone loaded men who don't mind paying an extra couple of grand for 40 more ponies.

Flame on.

longride 05-13-2008 05:17 AM

"Mat, a cool guy, I just wish he'd gone to wsbk 4 or 5 years ago."

Well, he would have, but then you can't strut around acting like a proper pr!ck when you are just a mid pack racer now can you?