Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #81
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You're probably right - we should just start preparing to move to Mars after we've rendered this world too-hot to live on.

Oh wait - it's "warming up" on Mars as well! Scum-bum-an-inch! We should never have sent those Vikings and SUV's up there - we've ruined two whole Planets already!
Hold it now.... whooooaa! You don't have a PhD so you'd better just shut up and believe what you're told!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #82
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

You DO know what separates a PhD from the REST of the Great Unwashed, don't you?

(other than they spent a pile of money for a three-letter appendix to their name, and drank the Left-Wing Kool-Aide)
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #83
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default well no, actually......

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You DO know what separates a PhD from the REST of the Great Unwashed, don't you?

(other than they spent a pile of money for a three-letter appendix to their name, and drank the Left-Wing Kool-Aide)

I guess they get to conceptualize abstract theorems and utilize data derived methodologies in postulating upon positive and negative aspects of tangendental dichotomies....


The rest of us just guess and make sh*t up
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #84
Somnus
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 38
Default

The_Airhawk,

We have ice cores that go back 650,000 years (less accurate proxies further back) and solar flux variation has been ruled out as a cause of the current warming trend.

All I'm saying is that before deriding something as "Kool-Aide," maybe you should know your sh*t first. (Yes, I realize I'm saying this to people on the Internet ...)
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #85
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
OK, now you've completely LOST me - are you still talking about climate data here? If so, "several hundred years" is more than a tiny bit of exaggeration - depending on which lia... I mean: well-educated Climate Scientist you listen-to, we've got between 90 and 120 years of "reliable climate data" at the most - EVERYTHING ELSE is "anecdotal data", as you say.

Of course, the best and most-accurate of these computer-models are all based on this anecdotal-data, so they're as infallible as your Logic.

I also note you conveniently left-out any mention of the Solar Flux Dissipation and the theory that this has far-more effect on "Global Warming" (or Cooling - as we appear to have suddenly entered in the last 3-years) than anything Man has ever done to the Planet.
You just don't get it. Yes, Mars and Jupiter are warming too but when it comes to earth's warming that doesn't matter. You just haven't learned how to cherry pick your data so you can shake society down for more money and power.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #86
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
The_Airhawk,

We have ice cores that go back 650,000 years (less accurate proxies further back) and solar flux variation has been ruled out as a cause of the current warming trend.

All I'm saying is that before deriding something as "Kool-Aide," maybe you should know your sh*t first. (Yes, I realize I'm saying this to people on the Internet ...)
Thank You, Kpaul Kook; for pointing-out to me what an "ice core" is. I'd never have figured that out without your highly-educated, Genius-level assistance.

As I am a bona-fide High-School dropout, perhaps a Wiki page defining "sh*t" would help me get the larger picture that only one such as yourself can see, as well?

This was an Excellent discourse of both Facts and Data.

Your assistance is greatly deprecated.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 05-11-2008 at 05:57 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #87
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
solar flux variation has been ruled out as a cause of the current warming trend.
Oh, and you really should check the date on any psuedo-whitepaper you should happen to cite as The Final Word, merely to ensure that the rhetoric it spews isn't TWO YEARS OUT OF DATE.

Spend more than 3 minutes on Google next time.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #88
Somnus
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 38
Default

I linked ice cores because it explains how one can extract temperature and CO2 data.

AFAIK, solar variability was ruled out two years ago -- do you have a more recent citation? (Don't see anything here for example.)

Do you have anything to add other than indignation?
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #89
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I linked ice cores because it explains how one can extract temperature and CO2 data.

AFAIK, solar variability was ruled out two years ago -- do you have a more recent citation? (Don't see anything here for example.)

Do you have anything to add other than indignation?

Wikipedia. LOL!

So long troll.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #90
Somnus
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Wikipedia. LOL!

So long troll.
The article gives citations; if I'm misinformed, correct me.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off