Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
because if you ride one of those it proves you have no sense of style.
And that you have an enormous schvanstuka.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I apologize! Clearly, if you look beyond the first word of my post, you will see that I actually DID have a comment pertinent to the article. Feel free to moderate if you DO NOT believe in the first amendment to the US constitution.

FYI, I was being sarcastic. I was paying homage to all those useless "first" posts of yore that never say anything with regard to the review. At least I offered an opinion about the bikes in question. Whereas, other posers... oops, I meant posters did not.

(open sarcasm) Like it really matters who is first!! (close sarcasm) And if it really doesn't matter, then what's all the fuss about?!
Try adding something like: "Those filthy Germans and their filthy Tuetonic ways." on every new article for a while. It breaks up the monotony.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

At least you beat the hell out of the spam filter on that one!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #24
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I apologize! Clearly, if you look beyond the first word of my post, you will see that I actually DID have a comment pertinent to the article. Feel free to moderate if you DO NOT believe in the first amendment to the US constitution.
Let's make something clear. The First Amendment applies to GOVERNMENT censorship. MO is not government.

If you wanna complain about how we mod stuff around here, fine. But at least do so without throwing up that tired canard of the first amendment.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
And that you have an enormous schvanstuka.
That goes without saying.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #26
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Let's make something clear. The First Amendment applies to GOVERNMENT censorship. MO is not government.

If you wanna complain about how we mod stuff around here, fine. But at least do so without throwing up that tired canard of the first amendment.
My point is obviously lost on you. Moving on.

Sachi, based strictly on appearance, which of these motorcycles gets your RPMs up?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #27
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Actually, none of them. I tend to like naked bikes. I do appreciate the looks of the 1098 and (rather more) Triumph's 675. I think the Suzuki's appearance is atrocious - the style it has engendered IMO is the "Bangle butt" of motorcycles. But style is subjective and I'm not the typical buyer for those bikes, so I do my best to ignore them (and their riders).

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #28
bbtowns
Founding Member

You can certainly buy a bike that can wup any sub 100K+ car for 10K, but can you ride it that way? The car is IMO easier to drive fast with moderate skils than the bike is. The bike's however, are way more fun.
I really like the % ratings by bike, it really gives you a method of understanding the rater's feeling of the amount of difference between bikes. You could lose the poser category however.
Shame about the 1098, it seems to be doing very well in the on track comparisons, not sure how it would do on a street comparison? Pete, have you ridden them both? What sayeth you?
The "first" thing may be annoying, but it pales in comparison to degrading a motorcycle discussion into why someone thinks global warming is BS.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #29
anrajala
Founding Member

What is BS about global warming is that it is attributed purely to man. Just if ice age and desertification of Sahara never happened.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #30
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
The "first" thing may be annoying, but it pales in comparison to degrading a motorcycle discussion into why someone thinks global warming is BS.
I tend to agree
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote