Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I am with Sachi 100% on this one, and you folks that pay attention know THAT doesn't happen every day. The 'First' thing is really f&cking annoying me. This isn't 'First' grade. If you don't have anything to say but 'First' you can stick the words of B-Rad where the sun don't shine, and that is exactly where your 'First' post is going to go too. I'm really not into moderating anyone, but this 'First' crap is going to be the 'First' thing I moderate here, and that will be the 'First' thing the next clown that does it can count on, so just cut it before I do.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 04:11 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Guys, this was a really great test and writeup, and it was certainly easy to understand who the winner would be, but how important is it that these bikes are winners on the racetrack? I know that the Honda is really 'user friendly', but since these bikes are essentially race bikes, wouldn't the one that circles the racetrack the quickest be more inclined to be the winner? Maybe that would be the Honda anyway, but having a local hotshoe run each one on the track would tell me more about which is best for what these bikes were really designed for anyway. I guess this was more of an all-around street oriented shootout, but that track is where these bikes should live. I'm not questioning the result, just the criteria. Still a really good test.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:32 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I think the point made about most any average Joe being able to go out and buy a motorcycle that will kick any car's ass, hard, is a good one. Motorcycles are an equalizer on the streets, and I like that. Why, just the other day, I embarrassed the **** out of some hoser in a Corvette Z06 with my liitle old VStrom. He probably could have gotten me at top end, but light to light he lost. On the other hand, with great power comes great responsibility. And thus, I felt bad about racing that guy for at least, um, ok, I didn't feel bad about it at all. But I would have if I'd been caught, so that's a good thing.

Is it just me, or is sport bike styling a lot like women's clothes? Seems like all the designers have the same new outfits every season. This is the year of the < shape along the front of the bike, a swoop to the back from top to middle and then a swoop to the front from middle to the bottom. VStroms are not fashion slots.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:44 AM   #14
giganto
Registered Member

No throwing rocks at dogs, made them friends with "slim jims".
Stole the veedub at CHURCH, starting at twelve, while Maternal Unit was still dazed by cheezits and sherry.
And I guess I am addicted to 3x the power anyone needs on the street...still own old hoary 97 yzf1000r.
As already stated, would be nice to have cbr/yzf love spawn, which kinda begs the question:
Now that Honda has finally decided to be #1 in this silly catagory again, like old times, will Yamaha follow suit? Its not the 90s anymore, and unlike back then, all big4 can make monster power. What would Yam have to do?
Nice test, good salad mix of subjective/objective.
Looking forward to similar for newest wave vtwin shootout.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Best post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I think the point made about most any average Joe being able to go out and buy a motorcycle that will kick any car's ass, hard, is a good one. Motorcycles are an equalizer on the streets, and I like that. Why, just the other day, I embarrassed the **** out of some hoser in a Corvette Z06 with my liitle old VStrom. He probably could have gotten me at top end, but light to light he lost. On the other hand, with great power comes great responsibility. And thus, I felt bad about racing that guy for at least, um, ok, I didn't feel bad about it at all. But I would have if I'd been caught, so that's a good thing.

Is it just me, or is sport bike styling a lot like women's clothes? Seems like all the designers have the same new outfits every season. This is the year of the < shape along the front of the bike, a swoop to the back from top to middle and then a swoop to the front from middle to the bottom. VStroms are not fashion slots.
Excellent use of facts/data.

I've always chuckled about that. I thought that these things were bought because of their technical prowess. The slipperiest fairings at subsonic speeds are teardrop shaped. I don't understand how pointy fairings square with the "best technology" idea. Shouldn't track weapons be designed with the most aerodymanic shape? Wouldn't this by necessity make all race replicas virtually identical in shape?

Since cars have become more concerned with aerodynamics it's becoming impossible to tell them apart. Shouldn't the same hold true for race replicas? Is function giving way to styling? Horrors!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:50 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Talking Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I am with Sachi 100% on this one, and you folks that pay attention know THAT doesn't happen every day. The 'First' thing is really f&cking annoying me. This isn't 'First' grade. If you don't have anything to say but 'First' you can stick the words of B-Rad where the sun don't shine, and that is exactly where your 'First' post is going to go too. I'm really not into moderating anyone, but this 'First' crap is going to be the 'First' thing I moderate here, and that will be the 'First' thing the next clown that does it can count on, so just cut it before I do.
Too easy. Chuckle. Sn1gger.

(Oh cripes you can't use the word 's******' either.)
Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yep, the 'N' word is out! The 'first post' thing is a form of spamming and will be eliminated. Besides that I really hate it.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

They Hayabusa is aerodynamically correct, yet everyone calls that bike ugly. Style is part of every bike including a V-Strom, because if you ride one of those it proves you have no sense of style.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs down Wrong side of the bed, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I apologize! Clearly, if you look beyond the first word of my post, you will see that I actually DID have a comment pertinent to the article. Feel free to moderate if you DO NOT believe in the first amendment to the US constitution.

FYI, I was being sarcastic. I was paying homage to all those useless "first" posts of yore that never say anything with regard to the review. At least I offered an opinion about the bikes in question. Whereas, other posers... oops, I meant posters did not.

(open sarcasm) Like it really matters who is first!! (close sarcasm) And if it really doesn't matter, then what's all the fuss about?!

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 05-08-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

No fuss. I'll pay homage to all those useless posts too and your post will promptly be deep sixed the next time it happens. No sarcasm. Drop it.