Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #101
Somnus
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 38
Default

*shrug* I explained why your arguments are incorrect -- never attacked you personally. If you take it personally, that's your problem. Unfortunately, your close-mindedness affects others, both on this forum and in spreading misinformation in the public.

If, however, someone can explain to me how I am wrong, I'll be happy to revise my views.

Peace out -- maybe we'll chat bikes at some point in the future.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #102
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

[quote=Somnus;184732]Kenneth,



One only hopes some motorcycle-related signal gets through the noise in the future. If the moderators want to nut up instead of contributing lame-ass comments themselves, they can enforce a moto-only comment policy with no ad hominem.

QUOTE]

Have to part ways with you there. Even though I don't agree with 90% of the political/social views here, I'm happy to read them, and on occasion, do the back and forth. As long as everybody knows it's done with no genuine malice, which I believe to be the case.

There's plenty of room to talk about penis enlargement and HD chrome. Ok, bad example, but you get my drift.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #103
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
This guy really defines the word "solipsism" doesn't he?
He's also the very definition of his screen-name, in that he's bloody-well putting me to sleep.

I'll no-longer verbally parry with this joker on this thread. He is at odds with himself with his last post. Apparently, I was mistaken when I commented about his lucidity - perhaps he IS The Kook attempting yet-another end-run around the GMP-filters.

But then again - WTF do I know - being a dropout AND a certified Idiot; it's amazing I even know how to boot a computer or find my way to the same website more than once..............
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #104
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

You are wrong because the very people you cite can't agree on a correct climate model. It is not an exact science, so please quit professing such. If it was then there would be then everyone would come to the EXACT same conclusion, just as everyone knows 2 + 2 = 4. There is no argument with that simple math, yet you seem to act as if there is no argument in climate modeling. Even the most knowledgeable climate scientists would admit there are many different possiblities, variables, and analysis. All have come up with different predictions for the future. How is that possible with an exact science? It isn't possible. There is argument. There are competing theories.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #105
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Classic, "I tried but they were just to stupid to listen?".....Speaking for myself, I think human activity has contributed to some degree of climate change. However climate change is also cyclical in nature so the oft debated "how much" is very difficult to pin down, no matter what study or computer model you can site the scope of real confirmed climate data is nothing but a pinprick in the timeline of earths history. We simply have no reliable data to go by, ice cores and other empirical data show a snap shot of what happened in a particular place at a particular time. I can say it's been colder and wetter at my house this winter, does that signify a global downturn in temperature? Climate study therefore like theology becomes a matter of faith. Obviously not pumping a ton of crap in the air is a good idea, however the volcanic activity in Chile just pretty well exceded 20 years of human involvement in what? a week?..

Still it's fun to argue and If I may quote the ever loquasious "Mr. Taggert" of Blazing Saddles fame...You use your toungue prettier than a twenty dollar wh*re...

Do continue please....as an aside we do stick to motorcycles... unless we get off on these other tangents....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 05-12-2008 at 06:25 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 AM   #106
Somnus
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 38
Default

longride,

Thanks for a grown-up post, just as I was unsubscribing.

All the surviving climate models agree that human CO2 emissions are the primary factor in the current warming trend -- nothing else fits. If you know of a model that fits the data, but doesn't have human CO2 as the driver, I'd like to know about it. (An incomplete list of refuted models: solar variation/sunspots, galactic motion, cosmic rays, natural cycling, volcanic output, and weather station miscalibration.)

And, no science is exact -- every model has open questions and phenomena it fails to explain. You make inductive leaps, and see what's left standing after checking against data. (Mathematics is different, because its conclusions follow deductively from its axioms, even if the axioms are found haphazardly.)

Anyway, I am proceeding to unsubscribe from this thread. If you wish to continue the conversation, PM me.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Classic, "I tried but they were just to stupid to listen?".....Speaking for myself, I think human activity has contributed to some degree of climate change. However climate change is also cyclical in nature so the oft debated "how much" is very difficult to pin down, no matter what study or computer model you can site the scope of real confirmed climate data is nothing but a pinprick in the timeline of earths history. We simply have no reliable data to go by, ice cores and other empirical data show a snap shot of what happened in a particular place at a particular time. I can say it's been colder and wetter at my house this winter, does that signify a global downturn in temperature? Climate study therefore like theology becomes a matter of faith. Obviously not pumping a ton of crap in the air is a good idea, however the volcanic activity in Chile just pretty well exceded 20 years of human involvement in what? a week?..

Still it's fun to argue and If I may quote the ever loquasious "Mr. Taggert" of Blazing Saddles fame...You use your toungue prettier than a twenty dollar wh*re...

Do continue please....as an aside we do stick to motorcycles... unless we get off on these other tangents....
Well said. Best Post here!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #108
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default Quite right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Well said. Best Post here!

Excellent use of facts and data
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #109
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Excellent use of facts and data
LOL

I just couldn't help myself.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #110
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You DO know what separates a PhD from the REST of the Great Unwashed, don't you?

(other than they spent a pile of money for a three-letter appendix to their name, and drank the Left-Wing Kool-Aide)
My Dad got his Doctoral degree at the University of Florida in the mid 1970’s. His first attempt to get it was at the University of Miami. He received a grant for the UM program based on work he’d done in South Carolina with learning-impaired students. Unfortunately, when we first arrived in Miami, we were dead broke. So, for about a month, the 4 of us had to live in a small motel room; waiting for the first grant check to come in. Dad got up every day and went and did day-labor jobs to earn enough for us to eat. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner consisted of bread and milk on several occasions. Dad stalled the hotel manager on the rent, and eventually the grant money came in and we were able to rent a small house near the University. For reasons I never knew, Dad failed to get his degree at UM. However, he did manage to get a job at the new State school: Florida Technological University, which later became the University of Central Florida.. We moved to the Cocoa Beach area, and he started commuting about 45 miles a day to work there.

After he began work at UCF, Dad enrolled in the Doctoral program at the University of Florida in Gainesville. For about 3 years, Dad’s schedule consisted of leaving the house by 6am to get to his full-time job at UCF. Then he would leave that campus after work, and drive the 2 hours to Gainesville to attend his Doctoral classes. Classes ran till 9 or 10 pm, and Dad got home well after 1 am. He eventually got his degree, and earned the title: Dr. Kenneth T. Moore, Ed.D. which is essentially a PhD for people in the Education field.

Dad grew up very poor in the Denver area. He was a WWII vet, and used the GI Bill to it’s fullest. Politically, he was very conservative, a Regan Republican is the best description for him I can think of.

My point is: making fun of PhD’s is about as smart as making fun of people with High School diplomas, or less. When you stereotype, you hurt yourself the worst, because you’ve closed your eyes to the truth.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off