Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Bad Rap

Do we motorcyclists get a bum rap or not? We're always accused of being a bunch of scofflaws that have to be arrested any time a front wheel comes off the ground. People hide their children from us and write letters demanding that our rides be banned. But when one of these eeeevil motorcyclists spends hundreds of $ on exhaust pipes that DON'T FOCKING FIT, from some big name company like Vance & Hines that's always telling us that their shyt don't stink, instead of sending them back and demanding satisfaction you'll see us trying to make incorrectly made gear fit and work.

The govt screws us. Our neighbors hate us. The accessory manufacturers sell us expensive junk that doesn't fit or even work at all as advertised. We bend over and take it. Why are people scared of us?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Because we're invisible. They don't see us. And when they run into us, and we eat it big, they laugh and say "motorcycles are dangerous."

Get use to it. Things could be worse.

Last edited by mscuddy : 05-03-2008 at 02:49 PM.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

So you were trying to make Harley pipes fit on your ZRX?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
pdad13
Founding Member

I really think a lot of it is jealousy. Most of these people are afraid of their own shadows; they lap up every scary-for-bigger-ratings TV news story and promise themselves that they'll do everything in their power to stay "safe." Much better to hide themselves in an armored-up urban assault vehicle and twiddle with their smart phones.

Then one of us idles by and reminds them that sitting in front of their high-def TV getting fat probably isn't what they hoped for their lives.

That's a bit cynical, I know, and it doesn't represent everyone, but it's not far off for a lot of people. And I believe it because quite often there's a little kid in the back seat whose face lights up when they see me pull up on my bike. I guess the parents just forgot what that feels like. I make sure I give the kid a wave.

That's really gotta piss Mom and Dad off.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
pdad13
Founding Member

By the way, there's a recent article in The New Yorker about shoes.

Apparently they're bad for you, too.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You hit the nail on the head here, but you really wouldn't want it any other way, would you? That is why everyone laughs at the RUBS, isn't it? Trying to fit into a culture by playing dress-up just doesn't cut the mustard. We just need less riders, so we can go back to being invisible too.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
The govt screws us. Our neighbors hate us. The accessory manufacturers sell us expensive junk that doesn't fit or even work at all as advertised. We bend over and take it. Why are people scared of us?
Wait, are we talking guns or motorcycles here?

AND if I buy one more sh!tty, hi-cap mag for my mini-14 I'm going on a rampage. Unfortunately that rampage will sound like this:

Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T! Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T! Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Wait, are we talking guns or motorcycles here?

AND if I buy one more sh!tty, hi-cap mag for my mini-14 I'm going on a rampage. Unfortunately that rampage will sound like this:

Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T! Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T! Blam, Blam, chunk-click...SH!T!
(rant)

I keep vacillating about getting rid of my Mini-14 'cause the accuracy is no so good. But it feeds like a champ as long as I stay away from that cheap shyt steel cased Russian Wolf crap ammo. And like all Rugers you can't break it. I get my 30 rd mags cheap at the Crossroads of the West gun show. Oh yeah. A gun show. Another reason to be vilified and put in a re-education camp by Hildabeast, Barak HUSSEIN Obamamama or some other elitist Martha's Vineyeard scumbag. Going to a gun show.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Really bad rap

Ohh, I thought you meant this guy:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Van Ice.jpg (4.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

SKS' are de best, bolt stays open on last round (only Russian designed weapon to do that). Buy Chinese one for about $75.00, put Tapco folding stock & 30 rd mag, look like bad a$$. Don't forget milled Russian trigger group assy bought at a GUN SHOW for $10.00. Mine's in Arizona since owning in the the PR of Cali warrants a trip to club fed, and I don't look good in stripes...