Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default State-of-the-Cruiser Address

Original Article:
State-of-the-Cruiser Address

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article State-of-the-Cruiser Address in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Chinese Harley starter bikes...

...designed in Japan and built in China. One way to stick it to the union, eh wot?
Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
TheFox
Founding Member

Looks like you mixed up the QLINK and Victory captions.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ziemer
Ziemer added that Harley with reduce shipments through temporary plant shutdowns and adjustments to daily production rates. This will result in a decrease of about 370 unionized employees over the next several months.

“The company will also be reducing the non-production workforce by about 360 jobs,” said Ziemer. “We believe these actions will better position the company for a business environment that we expect to continue to be challenging.”
Translated: "We fired all the Janitors, Groundskeepers, and Secretaries. Except for my personal "Secretary" - Lot'a FaChina......."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
pdad13
Founding Member

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. We've been talking about this for three years, at least. Demographics can't be wished away. The manufacturers will have to adjust. There will always be a relatively healthy cruiser market in the U.S. but it can't be expected to match the boom of the recent past.

Personally, I know of several cruiser riders who are considering more performance oriented bikes, including one long-time H-D enthusiast (and these guys ain't real young, either). It seems like some people who start on cruisers or who have been riding them for a while are becoming more curious about sportier bikes. I don't know if this constitutes any kind of significant trend, but it seems like a few are starting to go opposite the usual sport-to-cruiser migration.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 AM   #6
vermicious
Registered Member

I resemble that remark -- except that I'm only 34.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. We've been talking about this for three years, at least. Demographics can't be wished away. The manufacturers will have to adjust. There will always be a relatively healthy cruiser market in the U.S. but it can't be expected to match the boom of the recent past.

Personally, I know of several cruiser riders who are considering more performance oriented bikes, including one long-time H-D enthusiast (and these guys ain't real young, either). It seems like some people who start on cruisers or who have been riding them for a while are becoming more curious about sportier bikes. I don't know if this constitutes any kind of significant trend, but it seems like a few are starting to go opposite the usual sport-to-cruiser migration.
Where ya been P? The city put some kind of limitation on how many times a year locals can post on the internet?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

“Cruiser ownership is the last stage of the evolution of motorcyclists,” said Glenn Hansen, American Suzuki’s communication’s manager. “A kid starts with a dirt bike; then a sportbike, then a cruiser."

You wish.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #9
12er
Founding Member

I do not forsee a 24 inch seat height in my future.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Where ya been P? The city put some kind of limitation on how many times a year locals can post on the internet?
You mean here in the Great Soviet Republic of New York? (Glory to the workers!)Nah, Bloomy couldn't even manage to get "congestion pricing," aka "a$$ raping," passed. Although, it's still the land of Starbucks and group-think.

I've been kind of busy and, since I've been working in the digital space, I was a bit burned out on the Web. Good to see some improvements on this site.

I let my subscription lapse. Look at my Founding Member icon. It used to be a sunny orange Premium jobby. Now it looks like an effing tombstone. They trying to tell me something?

But I did miss all the pissing, moaning and sporadic encrusted hilarity here.

Just picked up my new Daytona 675 on Saturday. Yippee!

Last edited by pdad13 : 04-29-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Edited the Reason for Editing
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote