Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
kycowgirl
Registered Member

Smile Help finding the right motorcycle for me...

I'm going to be doing a lot of driving back and forth to school and work so I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle to save on gas. I've never ridden a motorcycle before but I've ridden a dirtbike when I was younger. I want something that is easy to ride and comfortable. I also want something small that I'll be comfortable on as I'm not very big. I want something that a girl would look cute on too. I don't know anything about different manufacturers and I'm not picky about it. I just want something reliable and fairly inexpensive. Thanks for the help.
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

How tall are you? How strong do you consider yourself? Have you taken a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course or other safety course?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Get a white 1970 CB100, with matching white helmet, jeans, top and boots. Now that's cute.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Scooter? One of the 200cc to 400cc should do you fine on the freeway and around town. No shifting and storage under the seat. Twist and go... Depending on model you may be able to mount a basket with a plastic daisy on the front to cute it up further.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Scooter? One of the 200cc to 400cc should do you fine on the freeway and around town. No shifting and storage under the seat. Twist and go... Depending on model you may be able to mount a basket with a plastic daisy on the front to cute it up further.
I'd pay to see you on the exact same thing!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

The Yamaha TW200 if you are only looking for something to commute less than 10-15 miles on 45mph roads. OR the lowly baby Ninja- you can buy 'em for around $1500-$2500.
Sign Up for a MSF course- and for god sakes don't listen to your friends while learning. They'll just help you wreck the bike that much faster.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'd pay to see you on the exact same thing!
Back in the day I took my buddies elite or spree 50 (when your memory goes, forget it) around the block and my friends almost died laughing. My knees were outside of the handlebars and only my heals on the floor board, feet sticking out in the wind. I had to run along side and hop on to get it moving. Then of course on the way back I had to simulate a tank slapper.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Take the MSF course, then buy a used Ninja 250, ride it for six months, sell it, and then buy the 2008 model Ninja 250. On that you'll look snazzy, and it just sips fuel. And it's the only decent new bike (in my opinion) you can buy for an MSRP of $3500.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Take the MSF course, then buy a used Ninja 250, ride it for six months, sell it, and then buy the 2008 model Ninja 250. On that you'll look snazzy, and it just sips fuel. And it's the only decent new bike (in my opinion) you can buy for an MSRP of $3500.
It is one heck of a bargain, especially when you consider what you really get. A modern ohc motor, bodywork, good brakes and more. My daughter just went and bought a 150cc Indian made scooter that cost $3K and is about as sophisticated as mscuddy's Cushman. And that was a new 2005. The 2008's go for $3395. Yikes! It did come in pink with those purple flowers that Buz likes so much though.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Do you have cavities, bridgework, or other dental appliances? Have you ever received a blood transfusion from an African national? Do you have occurances of driving, eating, or walking while asleep and not recalling these occasions later? Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?
.......Catholic Church, or other psychotic, religious cult.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote