Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Ducati Monster 696 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7797-2009-ducati-monster-696-review.html)

Administrator 04-16-2008 01:42 PM

2009 Ducati Monster 696 Review

Original Article:
2009 Ducati Monster 696 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Ducati Monster 696 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 04-16-2008 01:53 PM

Accent

Are you sure it's Catalonian? I thought it was Castilian. I mean Cathtilian. :cool:

Pete_Brissette 04-16-2008 06:25 PM

Muchath Grathiath!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 182641)
Are you sure it's Catalonian? I thought it was Castilian. I mean Cathtilian. :cool:

Yo!

Catalonia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently there are about four different Spanish "languages" in Spain. 8-)

nesbit 04-16-2008 06:43 PM

696 Flyscreen????

Totally useless and impossible to replace with a serviceable aftermarket screen. And, why would the Bologna folks treat a functionally important chasis piece as a purely stylistic exercise, in the first place. And, interestingly, why would MORON not take them to task on it? OK, rhetorical questions, which no one apparently cares about except yours truly. Otherwise, well done package.

TheFox 04-16-2008 10:21 PM

Bike's ugly.

longride 04-17-2008 04:41 AM

Cool enough if you need to be different. I think the SV650 would fit me better though. I saw one of these at the Ducati dealer last week, and it does look pretty nice. Too small for my bones though.

sachiwilson 04-17-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesbit (Post 182659)
Totally useless and impossible to replace with a serviceable aftermarket screen. And, why would the Bologna folks treat a functionally important chasis piece as a purely stylistic exercise, in the first place. And, interestingly, why would MORON not take them to task on it? OK, rhetorical questions, which no one apparently cares about except yours truly. Otherwise, well done package.

It's a NAKED bike, with a riding position that is just right for riding without a screen of any sort. It does not need or want a windscreen.

desertbilly 04-17-2008 09:26 AM

I'm looking to buy a fun, versatile sport standard this summer and would love a new Monster if it came with the 1100 or the 848 engines. But if it's going to take another 12 to 18 months to get a big-boy Monster to this side of the Atlantic, I'm probably going with a Speed Triple. I'd like to buy from you, Duc, but you've got to have the product available.

Pete_Brissette 04-17-2008 11:04 AM

More clarification, por favor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesbit (Post 182659)

Which chassis piece do you speak of, and how is it that said piece is a "purely stylistic exercise?"

:confused:

speedskaterrick 04-22-2008 09:00 AM

696 "loses when maintenance factored"

As much as I would love to have a beautiful Ducati I can't justify the high cost of maintenance. 6000 mile valve adjustments plus a set of tires at the same time doesn't give a lot of smiles per mile in my opinion. Which is why the SV650 is the better naked in my opion. Yes I own one. If I were to replace it the Triumph Street Triple seems to be the better choice.