Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Women in Motorcycling (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7734-women-motorcycling.html)

Administrator 04-11-2008 03:58 PM

Women in Motorcycling

Original Article:
Women in Motorcycling

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Women in Motorcycling in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sachiwilson 04-11-2008 04:56 PM

It barely brushes the surface but it's nice.

Pete_Brissette 04-11-2008 05:34 PM

Please, enlighten us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 182259)
It barely brushes the surface but it's nice.

I'd love to hear about more if you're able to expand on the subject.

Thanks,

Pete

sachiwilson 04-11-2008 05:47 PM

Hmm, let me think about it, Pete. I may be able to come up with some leads, at least, once I'm done with the @#&%$ taxes!

TheFox 04-11-2008 07:51 PM

I find the subtitle to the headline to be in extremely poor taste. If I'm saying that then it must be bad.

Kenneth_Moore 04-14-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFox (Post 182271)
I find the subtitle to the headline to be in extremely poor taste. If I'm saying that then it must be bad.

Well, it could have been a lot worse, how about:

Beyond "-------!"

Beyond "------------!"

Beyond "----------------??"

The real point to me is that we're still paying attention at all. Sort of like it p.o.'s me when somebody asks my race on a form, who gives a crap anymore?

Sachi, edit at will.

Paco666 04-16-2008 07:49 PM

It barely brushes the surface? What more is there? Women are participating in motorcycling in ever increasing numbers. So what? That doesn't come as news to anyone who has been riding for more than 2 years. And who cares, besides the manufacturers who want to sell more motorcycles? Maybe ya have to be a woman who has never piloted her own motorcycle to find some significance in the information presented in that article--but I have to believe there ain't too many such women who are ever gonna read it. That leaves the rest of us (men and women)--which returns me to my earlier questions: What more is there, so what and who cares?

Kenneth_Moore 04-17-2008 05:24 AM

Oh sure, it's fine and good to say "Kill Whitey" all day long, but try saying "Kill Women" in a crowded room and see what that'll get you.

longride 04-17-2008 05:33 AM

Just look what happened to those Alaskan radio guys when they only suggested that you wizz on them!

seruzawa 04-17-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182681)
Just look what happened to those Alaskan radio guys when they only suggested that you wizz on them!

You think that's bad? Just wait and see what a tomahawk chop Paco666 is going to get any second now.