Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Book Review: Top Dead Center

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//products/book-review-top-dead-center-77505.html">Book Review: Top Dead Center</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Book Review: Top Dead Center in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

If/when Kevin leaves CW there will be absolutely no reason to ever pick one up again.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

There is no reason to pick up a CW rag now. Gabe aside, they have the biggest bunch of corporate ass kissers in the business. They should name it PC magazine instead of CW. It has the edge of a bowling ball.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

It's good to read on the loo, other than that there's not much in there.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

I like the pheromone adds in the back of CW.

Ah jeez. Hold on a sec, fellas. Muffy and Kitten are fighting again.

LADIES, there is enough E-Z Cheese for you both! You know you are both special to me!

Where was I? Oh, yea. Pheromones. Careful with their use- it is a jungle out there...
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

I haven't bought a motomag more than twice or three times in six or seven years. I got the Motorcyclist helmet issue, and I picked up another mag for one reason or another when I was on a trip, but that's all I remember. I'm going to get the June issue of Rider because there's a article about the Rounders, but after that I'll probably drop reading the mags again.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

I went over to the 'Rounders web site out of curiosity. I noticed that the founders rode BMW bikes. In my neck of the woods BMWs appear on the roads about the same time as the robins do on the backyard, and are a sure sign of the imminent arrival of spring.

As for riding year round, well, err...I look out at my "driveway" and am greeted by the sight of a long narrow path of gooey mud. I don't think I could pass the "no whiners" test of membership, in other words.
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #8
thewall67
Registered Member

I agree, CW is very lucky to have Cameron. He's simply great. His Sportbike Performance Handbook is a must have for anyone wanting to understand what's going on between their legs...er with the motorcycle I mean. I keep that book on my nightstand and grab it and pick whatever subject I'm curious about at the moment and read up. I really wish Kevn would release ver2.0 of it. Update his chapters to incorporate some of the modern technology we are using today. Still, the book is totally relevant even without that after all these years.

Nice write up Leif. You convinced me it's good read- although I was pretty much convinced as soon as I saw the author's name.
thewall67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #9
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
I went over to the 'Rounders web site out of curiosity. I noticed that the founders rode BMW bikes. In my neck of the woods BMWs appear on the roads about the same time as the robins do on the backyard, and are a sure sign of the imminent arrival of spring.

As for riding year round, well, err...I look out at my "driveway" and am greeted by the sight of a long narrow path of gooey mud. I don't think I could pass the "no whiners" test of membership, in other words.
Not all BMW riders are Rounders. But the group was begun by a bunch of BMW owners (plus a few guys who rode other bikes), and it spread from there. I found out about the group on the Iron Butt Association forum.

Many of the Rounders have winter bikes (often dirt-oriented dual purpose bikes) that work much better in winter conditions than the BMWs could. Some of them (like you) find it impossible to ride in deep winter because of the conditions. One of the members lives in Edmonton, Alberta - he really gets skunked in the winter!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

JB tried to get my foot in the door with that Jawa 90 story...Dave Edwards hemmed and hawed, fially didn't go for it, and in that next issue Egan did a very similar story about his first bike. It's a jungle out there...

Oh well, at least I can still bore you MOrons with trivia, little know facts and bull$hit.