Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Fireblade View Post
>"that's it, keep it up"<

I'm trying, but at 67 it sometimes doesn't cooperate.

Well better living through chemistry I always say.....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #22
bbtowns
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 540
Default

Try Motorcycle Consumer News if you want something not beholden to the manufacturers. I've had some questions about their articles, but not their alliances.
__________________
What kind of man can abandon his family like that?
Seriously, who is he, I'd like lessons.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #23
12er
Founding Member
 
12er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
If you really want to alienate the neighbors, put an open megaphone exhaust on the lawnmower, every day at sundown do wheelies up and down the street on a CR500 with a blown silencer, and shoot every bird in sight out of the trees with an old Crossman air rifle. The neighborhood cats will love you, but that's about it. Worked for me.
I can personally vouch for the CR500 comment. Well my old CR480... It was banned from my buddies ranch by his dad, 13 acres away...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #24
Cheesebeast
Registered Member
 
Cheesebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At the end of a quiet country lane
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
Try Motorcycle Consumer News if you want something not beholden to the manufacturers. I've had some questions about their articles, but not their alliances.
Alliances? Dark alliances, I would hope?

I can't be bought- even by the deep pockets of the snack giant Frito Lay®. My objectivity can't be swayed, even by their delectable Cheetos®, Fritos®, Santitas®, Tostitos®, Doritos® or even by the salty cheese goodness of Smartfood®. I am not for sale.

It takes a strong man to not be drawn to their line of Lays® products- though the selection and variety I admit is impressive. There are fifty-three varieties (not available in all locations) of Lay's® pototo chips and other snack products available. Imagine the possibilities! But I won't imagine the possibilities, no, no I won't.

It isn't that I am not tempted, mind you. Particularly by the sweet herby undertones of Lay's® Kettle Cooked Meyer Lemon & Rosemary Flavored Potato Chips, or by the salty tang of Lay's® Chile Limon Flavored Potato Chips. Temptation won't trump my ingrained sense of ethics, though.

Remember- this beast isn't for sale! in fact, you can bet your FUNYUNS® on it.
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Well, we're glad you clarified that. It would be a sad day indeed if our opinions were swayed by the delicious, healthy and nutritious Frito-Lay products found in the snack food isle of your local supermarket..
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
Alliances? Dark alliances, I would hope?

I can't be bought- even by the deep pockets of the snack giant Frito Lay®. My objectivity can't be swayed, even by their delectable Cheetos®, Fritos®, Santitas®, Tostitos®, Doritos® or even by the salty cheese goodness of Smartfood®. I am not for sale.

It takes a strong man to not be drawn to their line of Lays® products- though the selection and variety I admit is impressive. There are fifty-three varieties (not available in all locations) of Lay's® pototo chips and other snack products available. Imagine the possibilities! But I won't imagine the possibilities, no, no I won't.

It isn't that I am not tempted, mind you. Particularly by the sweet herby undertones of Lay's® Kettle Cooked Meyer Lemon & Rosemary Flavored Potato Chips, or by the salty tang of Lay's® Chile Limon Flavored Potato Chips. Temptation won't trump my ingrained sense of ethics, though.

Remember- this beast isn't for sale! in fact, you can bet your FUNYUNS® on it.
Sounds like an episode of The Colbert Report!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #27
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default Ah, the '83 CR480R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I can personally vouch for the CR500 comment. Well my old CR480... It was banned from my buddies ranch by his dad, 13 acres away...
I had one too, liked the way it kicked on the wrong side, and the sprocket was on the "wrong"side too...kept the weenies from wanting to ride my mighty 480 "if you want to ride it, you have to start it."

That headshake thing was tough though, 'specially when you ran outta throttle.
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
anrajala
Founding Member
 
anrajala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,490
Default

>One of the members lives in Edmonton, Alberta - he really gets
>skunked in the winter!

Oh yeah? Ask your friend if the lakes over there are still frozen. As for today April the 19th our lake still is.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
anrajala
Founding Member
 
anrajala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,490
Default

To be precise I am not getting at you Sachi-W, I'm talking about those Canadian bustards. They are very good guys, northern people and all except that they don't live up north. Winnipeg is at the same level as Paris, which is considered as part of southern Europe. Coming from Tampere Finland Edmonton looks like a tropical paradise.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #30
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Well, not quite. Winnipeg's a degree or so farther north. And the primary reason for the cold in the middle of Canadia and the upper plains of the US is that it is distant from large bodies of water. I don't know much about the climate of Scandinavia but I'd bet that the areas near the coasts are much less cold than the interior lands.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump