Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default WTF...Snow????

After riding to work in an absolute downpour yesterday morning, the Suzuki and 'stitch combo soldiering on warm, dry, and impervious, I get home to find my new Corbin seat in a box on the porch !!!!

I parks the Suzook over my drip pan and douse the now dry as a bone chain in synthetic gear oil (first things first..) I dig the seat out of the box and it's just as I ordered. A Gambler model w/ Black leather seating area and Tan leather sides..totally cool, believe me. Installation was easy enough, Corbin uses a key lock system now. Just jack the bike up, on a Dyna anyway, remove the lower shock bolts and drop the wheel to gain some room under the fender, relocate the rear seat nut to the middle of the fender, the hole is pre-drilled and blanked off for a solo seat mount..the bracket and spike bolt on with a little lock tite, drop the seat down on there and ...crap... the tongue in front isn't long enough to fit under the tank....Oh well, nothing a little aluminum bar stock, a drill and a pop riviter won't cure...

Stand back and check it out....OO yeah, looks good !! Kinda like the same colors as a Doberman or my beloved Black& Tans Guinness and Hales Mongoose IPA. It's 39 and raining out but who cares, off I go and I'm lovin' this seat. The pocket is moved back 2 1/2 in. @ my request and the fit is perfect with my foreward controls and baby Apes..I ride around for an hour or so just local roads and the rain is turning to snow, a lot of snow acutally...in fact it's a gad'damm blizzard !! I hate riding in that stuff though it was wet enough not to be real slick..

Anyway I get my butt back to the barn and shake the snow off, grab a Guinness out the garage fridge and stand there checking out the seat and watching these fat wet flakes pile up outside. By the time it was done we had 3~4 inches....in almost April ???? still snowing a little this morning but once I got down off the hill it was rain...I tell yaz, ol Algore can shoot some of that global warming my way anytime now. At least the seat looks totally cool. Black and Tan on a Black bike with minimal chrome...Starting to look pretty dam* good..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If ya got Guiness in the garage fridge I'll be there and we can throw snowballs at anyone that drives by. By the way, it's f&cking snowing here too.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Sarnali,

So you say the tank tongue is too short and you had the asspocket moved aft?

I'd say they moved the pillion forward, and the rest of the seat moved aft...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If ya got Guiness in the garage fridge I'll be there and we can throw snowballs at anyone that drives by. By the way, it's f&cking snowing here too.

Nasty sh*t I tell ya'...the garage fridge always has Guinness in it, usually some kind if Ale to go with it too. Right now I have some Hale's Ale Mongoose IPA in there, a good bitter beer. Hales is a Seattle brewery that specializes in British type Ales and Porters. The combination of bitter and stout is pretty Tasty, c'mon over and gargle a few..If we run out I'll send my daughter on a beer run..

Pushrod, I was thinking the same thing, no biggie like I said a 3 inch long piece of 1 in. aluminum flat stock and a couple of rivets or small flat screws and nuts should snug it up there. The seat looks totally cool, narrow like a cobra seat on a rigid but a little thicker. Corbin puts out some pretty good products in my experiance

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Nasty sh*t I tell ya'...the garage fridge always has Guinness in it, usually some kind if Ale to go with it too. Right now I have some Hale's Ale Mongoose IPA in there, a good bitter beer. Hales is a Seattle brewery that specializes in British type Ales and Porters. The combination of bitter and stout is pretty Tasty, c'mon over and gargle a few..If we run out I'll send my daughter on a beer run..

Pushrod, I was thinking the same thing, no biggie like I said a 3 inch long piece of 1 in. aluminum flat stock and a couple of rivets or small flat screws and nuts should snug it up there. The seat looks totally cool, narrow like a cobra seat on a rigid but a little thicker. Corbin puts out some pretty good products in my experiance
Daughter, Eh? I'll be right over.
I mean...with all due respect, sir.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Hey! Stop that Shyte! I gotta come up there in a few weeks to pick up that PC 800 I bought - an' I don't wanna see none O' that whitecrap on the streets an' ground when I get there, Y'hear?!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #7
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Snow

It's snowing here as well. All of this to make me feel better since I don't have the front caliper rebuilt
Old 03-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The way global warming has been kicking in, I wouldn't be shocked to see a f&cking glacier sliding down the road.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #9
pushrod
Founding Member

LR,

You need to get Hillary and Barack up there for another debate!

Just think of all the road salt they'd save!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The way global warming has been kicking in, I wouldn't be shocked to see a f&cking glacier sliding down the road.
Funny thing happened on the way home last night............

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/IMG_1337.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/IMG_1338.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/IMG_1339.jpg

Hiwasse, AR - the town I rode through during the Tornado and Lightning Storm in January.

God must hate someone living there.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote