Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7603-2008-buell-ulysses-xb12xt-review.html)

Administrator 03-26-2008 02:11 PM

2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review

Original Article:
2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sfcdjevans 03-26-2008 02:50 PM

Nice job on the video! Really enjoyed the Gabe segment. Sorry the Nicecar bit was lost on me. Anybody follow Super Modifieds?

I've read another recent review of the bike. The simplicity of the hydraulic lifter engine is gaining interest, fuel economy looks pretty impressive as well.

That fan though, yikes! As I was leaving a gas station in the ADK last summer a Uly pulled in and the fan tripped, neck muscles were pulled by just about everybody in the area. A couple people soiled their pants. I guess you get used to it.

I've been offered a couple hour test ride on a 'Strada as soon as the sand is off the roads. I wonder if the local HD/Buell dealer will match that. Guess I'll have to make a phone call.

schizuki 03-26-2008 02:58 PM

Eric done built my perfect bike. When the Uly came out, I thought, "Make it lower, give it bags, I'm there." Now I just need the money...

By the way, Editor Guy - "It's" is a contraction of "it is." The possessive is "its" (no apostrophe). It's not hi's, it's not her's, and it's not it's. It's his, hers and its.

sfcdjevans 03-26-2008 03:07 PM

I have just managed to get luggage racks from Germany. I haven't bought the hard bags yet. And now this. Turn key operation for 13. The 'Strada is stripped and would I even be able to ride a difference between the two, I doubt it. Current bike only has 20 k on it and I just spent way too much money on the suspension. I'm supposed to be a one bike at a time person, this is how it starts isn't it.

I suppose I should think of the money on the HB bags and top case that I would save. Suddenly I wish I hadn't pissed off my boss, I was feeling ****y, the other day.

Anybody need a set of hard case racks for a Ninja? No not even the folk that made it know how all the pieces go together, I've got their emails, honest.

gbrummett 03-26-2008 05:20 PM

Where is the road test of the Buell 1125R

Guys, while I appreciate articles on any Buell.

The Buell 1125R is at the dealers and in peoples hands.

WHERE IN THE WORLD is your write up an extended street ride and evaluation of the 1125r???

BrowningBAR 03-26-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrummett (Post 181327)
Guys, while I appreciate articles on any Buell.

The Buell 1125R is at the dealers and in peoples hands.

WHERE IN THE WORLD is your write up an extended street ride and evaluation of the 1125r???

Here is the previous write up on the 1125R:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...25r-64100.html

sfcdjevans 03-26-2008 06:19 PM

1125r

I can't recall any write ups on the bike other than ones that had somewhere in them, "... it's a preproduction model..." yada yada yada.

Just went and looked, all the reviews were done between July and Sept 07.

Would be nice to see one. From someone.

vermicious 03-27-2008 08:34 AM

The lowered suspension (and the fact that it comes with a full set of bags) makes the Uly a lot more attractive for me. I wouldn't replace the Tuono with it but I'd happily buy it as a second bike if I could get it through committee.

bbtowns 03-27-2008 08:41 AM

When they throw the 1125 motor in one of these I'll be ready to belly up to the bar. Don't know if I can stand this Buellification though, sounds like the Harley marketing department hard at work. How about a comparo of this the Strom and the Tiger? Oh sure, throw a beemer in there too.

seruzawa 03-27-2008 08:48 AM

Rumor has it that Buell is planning to use the 1125 engine in a AT model sometime in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

The Tiger looks better anyhow.