Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
The ah, FZ6 works pretty-good in that respect as well. Though ground-clearance leaves a bit to be desired "offroad" - the exhaust is all sorta bundled-under the engine. Makes for a good bashplate though. For one or two bashes, anyway...........
You have joined that select group of .00001% of AT riders who have actually been off of the pavement.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I was grinning like a fool (or grinning as a fool?) after my demo ride on the Uly, just cant /dont want to get used to short shifting. Hit the rev limiter at least 10 times in a half an hour ride. "Theres got to be another 2k of revs in there somewhere" my wrist kept telling me.

I noticed that too, just when things were starting to move along it kinda' petered out. I could live with that I guess, the real issue was the way too tall seat height and what seemed like about 15 degrees of turning arc in the forks. I had a hard time turing around on an albeit narrow two lane road without hopping on one foot and slipping the clutch like a newbie. Other than that I really liked it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #33
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Do Ya Punk?

As a former 2005 XB9SX Buell owner who loved the bike when it ran, hated it when it didn't and cursed it and rode something else, when it was in the shop for two weeks at a time; you have to ask yourself a question, do you feel lucky? Huh? Do ya?

In 35 years of riding motorcycles, with 9 bought new, I NEVER got such wacky performance from service departments like I did from Glendale HD & Calif HD.

A new top end is not expected at the 5000 mile mark. Neither are the oil leaks after they've fixed it. Again and again...

Too bad it was my last motorcycle, would have liked to have saved that honor for a ZREX, or a nice 'Busa.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #34
pushrod
Founding Member

Matt,

Let's say, "your last >two-wheeled<" motorcycle.

Unless those Segway guys come up with a gyro-stabilized ZRex or 'Busa.

And don't give up hope! There may be a couple million stem cells in your future...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #35
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I noticed that too, just when things were starting to move along it kinda' petered out. I could live with that I guess, the real issue was the way too tall seat height and what seemed like about 15 degrees of turning arc in the forks. I had a hard time turing around on an albeit narrow two lane road without hopping on one foot and slipping the clutch like a newbie. Other than that I really liked it.
I can flat foot the big Uly, but the 12 point turn was annoying getting out of the stealerships parking lot.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #36
dogdanz
Founding Member

Default now if only ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Now if they'd drop the mill (suitably retuned) from the 1125 into the UlyssesXT (and perhaps some of the styling cues) I'd REALLY have to consider getting one....
dogdanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #37
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I always liked the Buell styling and said that if they ever built one for guys over six feet tall, I would buy one. Well, when the Ulysses was introduced I found my next bike. I sure am glad I waited to get the revised '08 (with no TPS resets and improved turning radius). Fits like a glove!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #38
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I can flat foot the big Uly, but the 12 point turn was annoying getting out of the stealerships parking lot.
Just wondering, how tall are you?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote