Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Uni-Pods are the best, they have these coil springs inside 'em, and make this neat snorking noise when you gas it. I can imagine them snorking back and forth with each revolution of the motor. Snork-snork-snork....snorkity-snork....
I put a UNI-pod on my wife's CB125 back in the 80's. After several weeks of futzing with the jetting I put the stock airbox back on and it began to run good again... and even idle again. That's the last time I messed with pods.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Rains too much around here to think of running no airbox and pods.

Rain is the great equalizer, set your stuff up right or you'll suffer.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Rains too much around here to think of running no airbox and pods.

Rain is the great equalizer, set your stuff up right or you'll suffer.
Maybe he likes suffering. Kind of goes with some Seattle types eh?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Maybe he likes suffering. Kind of goes with some Seattle types eh?

Even with gas a $3.60 a gallon I doubt our hero is riding, the ones suffering are his co-workers listening to his " I'm gonna start riding my bike to work" stories LOL
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #15
Zachery
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redmond WA
Posts: 46
Default

Good catch. I forgot about Cycle Gear.
Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Zachery
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redmond WA
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Maybe he likes suffering. Kind of goes with some Seattle types eh?
Yep it is terrible here. Rains all of the time. We are losing our basketball team. The state government is ran by tax and spenders that don't get anything done. Traffic is bad.. Nothing to see here I suggest you stay away. .
Seriously there is a grain of truth to the suffering thing you brought up. Other places I have lived folks get more upset about traffic etc.
Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachery View Post
Seriously there is a grain of truth to the suffering thing you brought up. Other places I have lived folks get more upset about traffic etc.

Well true, there is a Zen like quality to sitting in traffic at O-dark thirty, rain gently pitter-pattering down, moving 3 miles an hour and trying not to get bumped by someone putting on their make-up or chatting on the phone, perhaps Mr. Type A personality asserting his manhood by riding your tail lights on the assumption that you and the other 15,000 fellow travelers in front of you will get out of his way before he pops a fuse.....The special joy you feel when traffic finally does break out and start moving, yet the motorist in front of you is still going 25....

Who could complain about that?
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-18-2008 at 10:00 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

Yeah, it's tough all over!

We're up to our necks in Spring Breakers! And, the Snow Birds haven't all left yet... MADNESS!

Besides, you PNW guys have such big trees!
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #19
anrajala
Founding Member
 
anrajala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,490
Default

Pacific Northwest you say? We already have a pest there who voluntary left our MO community. After he got thrown out and banned for life. I hope you will be a match to his high standards. Did you say you're looking for coneheads?

- cruiz-euro

Last edited by sachiwilson : 03-18-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Accuracy counts.
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Besides, you PNW guys have such big trees!

That's not the only big thing we have sailor heh heh heh
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off