Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 QLINK Legacy 250 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7461-2008-qlink-legacy-250-a.html)

Administrator 03-11-2008 04:27 PM

2008 QLINK Legacy 250

Original Article:
2008 QLINK Legacy 250

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 QLINK Legacy 250 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Golgo13 03-11-2008 05:33 PM

So, did you guys ride this bike? Did you even sit on it?

BrowningBAR 03-11-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golgo13 (Post 180376)
So, did you guys ride this bike? Did you even sit on it?

I'm gonna say "no", as the photos don't even show the whole bike.

newagetwotone 03-11-2008 06:39 PM

"In terms of performance, the Legacy 250 won’t be breaking any land-speed records, but seeing as this bike is meant for beginners, that’s probably not a bad thing. Motorcycle.com will be putting the Legacy through its paces for a full review in the coming weeks, but the folks at QLink tell us that the top-out speed, depending on the weight of the rider, is 55 mph and up."

BrowningBAR 03-11-2008 07:02 PM

It should be interesting what the top speed is. it weighs a claimed 60 pounds more than a virago 250, and I can get one of those bastard to about 75mph.

The_AirHawk 03-11-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 180386)
It should be interesting what the top speed is. it weighs a claimed 60 pounds more than a virago 250, and I can get one of those bastard to about 75mph.

My first bike - a '71 Honda CL100 - I could get up to almost 60 (~95kph for our SAE-challenged friends).

anrajala 03-12-2008 06:28 AM

Mmmmm... although a Chinese 250 automatic with a plastic covered engine is not what first pops into mind, it'll be very interesting to see the test. You never know when some drug crazed Belorussian pimp shoots your left leg right off. You'd be needing exactly this sort of thing.

- cruiz-euro

pushrod 03-12-2008 07:23 AM

"You never know when some drug crazed Belorussian pimp shoots your left leg right off."

Great! That particular hazard never occurred to me. Now I have something else to worry about!

Golgo13 03-12-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 180383)
"In terms of performance, the Legacy 250 won’t be breaking any land-speed records, but seeing as this bike is meant for beginners, that’s probably not a bad thing. Motorcycle.com will be putting the Legacy through its paces for a full review in the coming weeks, but the folks at QLink tell us that the top-out speed, depending on the weight of the rider, is 55 mph and up."

Ah, I must have glossed over that bit. I guess I am just predisposed to some negativism here. The article was basically just reading like a marketing release with some additional interpretation thrown in.

It still puzzles me a little... I don't think this is a bike that the motorcycling public has been waiting for with great expectation. I don't think we need any statements like "the review is coming real soon now" to keep us in check for this bike (unlike, say, with a big multi-bike shootout).

*shrug*

BrowningBAR 03-12-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golgo13 (Post 180445)
Ah, I must have glossed over that bit. I guess I am just predisposed to some negativism here. The article was basically just reading like a marketing release with some additional interpretation thrown in.

It still puzzles me a little... I don't think this is a bike that the motorcycling public has been waiting for with great expectation. I don't think we need any statements like "the review is coming real soon now" to keep us in check for this bike (unlike, say, with a big multi-bike shootout).

*shrug*

Me personally, I'd rather read an article about an odd and funky bike like this than some cruiser or sport bike shoot out where the models hardly change from year to year. We all now the big four sport bikes are great and a cruiser is more comfort and styling than anything else. And all the big manufacturers make reliable bikes these days.

So yeah, bring on the strange bike reviews from smaller companies.