Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
For that money it should last at least two yrs. I figure that's worth toy money. Not terribly strong machines but if you only need to meet about 45-55 mph you're in the house. On the streets it's pretty fun. Haven't played in the dirt with one but the suspension is decent so who knows.
So, it's good for what it is, but bottom line is; you get what you pay for?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well it looks like an interesting bike, a good dealer network is going to be the key to it's success or not. It has the looks, price and performance to make a splash in the entry level market plus the auto trans is going to appeal to a lot of people I suppose.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #23
bbtowns
Founding Member

I checked out their dual sport at the local motorcycle show. The forks seemed hell for stout, but the suspension was incredibly soft (OK, I weight about 200). I asked if the suspension could be adjusted in any way, the forks didn't have any adjustment, and he said it was fully adjustable. However upon pressing the salesman further he meant you could change the fork oil viscosity and add shims to the forks. A bit slippery in my book. I think if you were small and light (less than 130) the dual sport might work for you, but I could bottom out the suspension just rocking the bike on the showroom floor.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
I think if you were small and light (less than 130) the dual sport might work for you, but I could bottom out the suspension just rocking the bike on the showroom floor.

Most of their market is in Asia and they tend to be little fellers........My Hagrid like Western ass probably counts for a whole family worth, like you see 5 or 6 of 'em jammed on a step-through Honda Cub

Old 03-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #25
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Most of their market is in Asia and they tend to be little fellers........My Hagrid like Western ass probably counts for a whole family worth, like you see 5 or 6 of 'em jammed on a step-through Honda Cub
You, Beefy-Boy! You go home now! You be here OVER FOUR HOUR! No-more got food for you! You eat rike Kiwa-Whawe..........!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #26
MadScientistMatt
Founding Member

I've heard that the engine and drivetrain is a knock-off of the Honda Helix. Any chance you could check for similarities that might confirm that on a test ride?

Last edited by MadScientistMatt : 03-15-2008 at 12:56 PM.
MadScientistMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You, Beefy-Boy! You go home now! You be here OVER FOUR HOUR! No-more got food for you! You eat rike Kiwa-Whawe..........!

My Dear Lady, the sign says "all you can eat" yet sadly I have not eaten all I can..........

Now throw a few more of those kittens on the grill please.....

Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #28
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
It should be interesting what the top speed is. it weighs a claimed 60 pounds more than a virago 250, and I can get one of those bastard to about 75mph.
Yea but top speed doesn't have anything to do with weight.

It either makes less power or has worse aero-dynamics (or both) than the virago 250 if the top speed is lower.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #29
Flamepointe
Registered Member

Hi,
I bought a 2007 Legacy in September last year. My top speed is 73 mph and I weigh about 140... I hope that helps.
I was originally looking for a scooter and then I saw that in the shop and had to try it, I am really glad that I did. People are always asking about it at stoplights. "'Hey, where is the clutch on that thing?'" or better yet "'what is that?'". I am of course the stereotypical audience for the bike; being a woman and a beginner.
Flamepointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamepointe View Post
Hi,
I bought a 2007 Legacy in September last year. My top speed is 73 mph and I weigh about 140... I hope that helps.
I was originally looking for a scooter and then I saw that in the shop and had to try it, I am really glad that I did. People are always asking about it at stoplights. "'Hey, where is the clutch on that thing?'" or better yet "'what is that?'". I am of course the stereotypical audience for the bike; being a woman and a beginner.
The burning question is, "What's the quality like?" When my daughter went to buy a scooter last month she ended up not buying a Qlink specifically because of worries about Chinese quality. How many miles do you have on it? How is it holding up?