Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
DarkJedi32
Registered Member

I have a 2006 Legacy and have had it up to 65. I'm 6 foot and 270 pounds. It's a great beginners bike for the price ($2500) and my wife loves to ride it.
DarkJedi32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
hsjrev
Founding Member

Notice the differential bore pistons on the front brake caliper. Pretty techy for an entry level cruiser.
My wife bought a used Virago 250 a couple of years ago but couldn't get used to working the clutch and gears while learning to ride. She's never driven a car with a clutch pedal either. She sold the Virago after a year but she's very interested in learning more about this Chinese Legacy thing.
hsjrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Located under the seat, the USB port allows the rider to play downloaded music on an iPod, MP3 player or memory stick.

In a related story, General Electric announced today their exciting new "Silver Star" all-immersible pop-up toaster. The toaster comes with 2GB of DRam non-volatile memory and a 3 port USB hub. Firmware updates may be required prior to use. See GETOASTER.com for details.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Default You mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Located under the seat, the USB port allows the rider to play downloaded music on an iPod, MP3 player or memory stick.

In a related story, General Electric announced today their exciting new "Silver Star" all-immersible pop-up toaster. The toaster comes with 2GB of DRam non-volatile memory and a 3 port USB hub. Firmware updates may be required prior to use. See GETOASTER.com for details.
... like one of these?
Attached Images
File Type: gif talkie_toaster_chrome.gif (2.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

I don't know about the odd little scooter/bike thingy, but they build a little 200cc supermoto bike that they sell for around $1700 that's a blast to play with on the city streets of Hotlanta. I've sent worse money on things not running before.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
SmartyPants
Registered Member

Default Full test ride of the Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo13 View Post
So, did you guys ride this bike? Did you even sit on it?
The only place I've ever seen a full test ride review of the Legacy 250 is at WomenRidersNow.com at this link. It's very well done.
QLINK Legacy 250: An Automatic Motorcycle with Multiple Personalities: Which one fits you?
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I don't know about the odd little scooter/bike thingy, but they build a little 200cc supermoto bike that they sell for around $1700 that's a blast to play with on the city streets of Hotlanta. I've sent worse money on things not running before.
This model?
QLINK XF200 Supermoto Dual Sport Bike - QLINK Dirt Bikes - CBXManMotorcycles.com
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Yep- Atlanta Scooter puts them on sale about every 6 wks for between $1700-1800. The cost on the things is around $1500 from what I understand.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #19
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Yep- Atlanta Scooter puts them on sale about every 6 wks for between $1700-1800. The cost on the things is around $1500 from what I understand.
I love cheap little bikes. I could see owning one if it is reliable.

So...how are they? Does crap fall off and break down every other mile or are they about average for today's bikes?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I love cheap little bikes. I could see owning one if it is reliable.

So...how are they? Does crap fall off and break down every other mile or are they about average for today's bikes?
For that money it should last at least two yrs. I figure that's worth toy money. Not terribly strong machines but if you only need to meet about 45-55 mph you're in the house. On the streets it's pretty fun. Haven't played in the dirt with one but the suspension is decent so who knows.