Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review

Original Article:
2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Default Oh sweet...

I've been thinking about a GSXR-600 for a while now, but the brake rotors were always a little too thick for my liking. Looks like '08 is my year now that a half millimeter has been shaved off.

Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.
I know of a certain Seattle-based Engineer that could show us a thing or two on the track..............

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

I said in the RIGHT hands. But yeah, I'd enjoy watching that too, for very different reasons. BAR would have another YouTube link for his collection!
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
12er
Founding Member

I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Default There's always a positive side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...
Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
Zachery
Registered Member

"The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator".
LOL I went by the MegaBikesMulipleBrandsDealer today. I thought my 05 R6 was borderline comfy. The new crop of 600s are tiny and cramped. Think I have mentally and physically grown out of them..On my way back home I stopped by the Buell/Harley dealer to sit on a Buell 1125. Ah that felt good. Now I need to just find some Pimply-Faced Teenager to buy my R6.
Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
johnnyb
Founding Member

Is this what it's come to lads? 7 posts? Where is Kpaul? Off at some McCain rally? Hands up for Hillary supporters! Seru? Longride? Buz?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.
Love the Tuono's but the knee notches on the tank are about 3 inches too low. I cant win...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

A rubber mallet should fix that. What do you have to lose?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote