Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7418-2008-suzuki-gsx-r600-review.html)

Administrator 03-06-2008 07:32 AM

2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review

Original Article:
2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

tripleripple 03-06-2008 09:42 AM

Oh sweet...

I've been thinking about a GSXR-600 for a while now, but the brake rotors were always a little too thick for my liking. Looks like '08 is my year now that a half millimeter has been shaved off.

Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.

The_AirHawk 03-06-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 180093)
Seriously though folks, I'd take one if you gave it to me. But then I'd sell it to somebody else who won't use it properly either. When I was 16 these bikes were the shiznit. Now I appreciate the engineering and technology, and I enjoy watching them in the right hands, but that's about it.

I know of a certain Seattle-based Engineer that could show us a thing or two on the track..............

:cool:

tripleripple 03-06-2008 11:32 AM

I said in the RIGHT hands. But yeah, I'd enjoy watching that too, for very different reasons. BAR would have another YouTube link for his collection!

12er 03-06-2008 12:35 PM

I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...

seruzawa 03-06-2008 01:31 PM

There's always a positive side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 180102)
I just need to move my hands to my elbows and my feet to my knees and I may just be able to fold up enough to ride one. Though I may be willing to try and fold up on the new KTM RC8 as they are saying its more relaxed than most race reps. I got an orange fixation lately...

Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.

Zachery 03-06-2008 03:55 PM

"The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator".
LOL I went by the MegaBikesMulipleBrandsDealer today. I thought my 05 R6 was borderline comfy. The new crop of 600s are tiny and cramped. Think I have mentally and physically grown out of them..On my way back home I stopped by the Buell/Harley dealer to sit on a Buell 1125. Ah that felt good. Now I need to just find some Pimply-Faced Teenager to buy my R6.

johnnyb 03-06-2008 04:47 PM

Is this what it's come to lads? 7 posts? Where is Kpaul? Off at some McCain rally? Hands up for Hillary supporters! Seru? Longride? Buz?

12er 03-06-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 180103)
Look at the world as a glass half full, not half empty. You can just call this thing "The Pimply-Faced Teenager Eliminator". The perfect thing to get for your pesky 15 year old.

This concept has possibilities. I bet it would work on a lot of adults too. I suggest we take up a collection and buy one for each politician currently running for office.

There's a cure for your need for speed anyhow. It's spelled T-U-O-N-O. All of the speed - none of the pain.

Love the Tuono's but the knee notches on the tank are about 3 inches too low. I cant win...

sachiwilson 03-06-2008 06:15 PM

A rubber mallet should fix that. What do you have to lose?