Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Moto-ST: Bringing Twins Back to the Track (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7394-moto-st-bringing-twins-back-track.html)

Administrator 03-03-2008 12:50 PM

Moto-ST: Bringing Twins Back to the Track

Original Article:
Moto-ST: Bringing Twins Back to the Track

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Moto-ST: Bringing Twins Back to the Track in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 03-03-2008 01:37 PM

Somewhere in Seatlle curses fill the air and a keyboard is being pounded into rubble.

On the other hand this series has a simply huge number of possible competitors. Maybe it'll replace AMA Superbike in popularity. Not that AMA SB has any to begin with. I'll never waste another dollar on that boring Superbike but if they bring this ST series to Miller Spots Park, I'm there!

Buzglyd 03-03-2008 03:42 PM

Just imagine all the cools sounds from the various twin configurations. Much better than the cookie cutter race bikes.

bbtowns 03-07-2008 08:51 AM

The combination of the endurance aspect, and a relatively even playing field is going to make this a pretty exciting series. Hope it expands and gets up to the NW.

anrajala 03-07-2008 12:23 PM

On this thread I believe there is some sort of communist opressive anti-free-of-thought rule (did I remember to say nazi baztards?) that prevents us commenting on the presidential election of the number one ex superpower on the planet? I think we should be told.

If so, why don't you open a thread "spill your spleen if you must" for us? I mean us motorcyclists are people too. We have opinions beyond the feeble 61 rwhp of that certain brand.

- cruiz-euro

pplassm 03-10-2008 08:09 AM

I like the "Buell Flambe'"!

acecycleins 03-10-2008 01:35 PM

Prediction time:
DMG changes the entire AMA format;
1- Superbikes will stay the headliner. Double headers will run same day.
2- FX becomes 600 Superbike but has the same basic rules and runs Sat.
3- Superstock is gone (we already knew that anyway).
4- Supersport is now a Sunday race.
5- Moto ST becomes the Saturday event. Mostly 4 hr endurance but a few 8hrs for fun and run a 8 race schedule.
6- Supersingles run before the 4 hr Moto ST event and Roland Sands becomes even richer. also on a 8 race scedule.
7- RedBull GP make kids famous but run only 8 weekends for the season.

DMG will make a 16 race scedule (eventually) and Pocono, Brainerd and Pikes Peak make it back on the schedule by 2011. Indy will be on the schedule by 2010 and will run the weekend before or after the Moto GP race, but at less than half the price of GP.

Barber, VIR, Rd ATL, Mid Ohio, Miller, Rd America and Laguna season finale will be the only double header weekends after 2009.

Texas will get a race by 2012 and by 2013 two Canadian tracks will be included- 1 in Montreal and the other TBA.

Somebody write this down- I have all the good ideas and no one listens.

The_AirHawk 03-10-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 180301)
Prediction time:
5- Moto ST becomes the Saturday event. Mostly 4 hr endurance but a few 8hrs for fun and run a 8 race schedule.
6- Supersingles run before the 4 hr Moto ST event and Roland Sands becomes even richer. also on a 8 race scedule.

DMG will make a 16 race scedule (eventually) and Pocono, Brainerd and Pikes Peak make it back on the schedule by 2011. Indy will be on the schedule by 2010 and will run the weekend before or after the Moto GP race, but at less than half the price of GP.

Barber, VIR, Rd ATL, Mid Ohio, Miller, Rd America and Laguna season finale will be the only double header weekends after 2009.

Texas will get a race by 2012 and by 2013 two Canadian tracks will be included- 1 in Montreal and the other TBA.

8. Headstocks on all bikes will be "locked" to the right slightly - in-order to facilitate both left-hand turns at each of the new venues...............

seruzawa 03-10-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 180301)
Prediction time:

No ST races at Miller's this summer = no $ for the AMA from Dr Seruzawa. WSBK isn't enough to make me sit through AMA SBKzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........