Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2008 Ducati 1098R Review

Original Article:
2008 Ducati 1098R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2008 Ducati 1098R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ooga booga

Mongo WANT!

Looks like the V-twin is not dead in racing after all. I'm not particularly a fan of sportbikes but if I won the powerball then one of these would be in my big new garage.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Gluge
Registered Member

Drooooooooool

Can I get a 848 with TC? Hope we see more of that lovely TC make it's way to cheaper rides.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Gluge
Registered Member

Desmo RR or 1098R ?

I don't have the specs in front of me but seems like this 1098R is right up there with the Desmo RR.. and with TC. Just made me wonder... if you could would you take a Desmo RR or a 1098R ?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
tomk2
Founding Member

I'd take the 1098R over the Desmosedicci. The D16 is a yuppie bike never intended to be used in anger, a replica of a semi-successful MotoGP bike built for guys like Tom Cruise.

The 1098R is more pure, built for the sole purpose of winning the world superbike championship.

It costs $30K less now but 20 years from now the R will be more highly valued by collectors.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

I guess the V-twin won't be dead in racing as long as the rules allow 20% more displacement. Something smells............
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
I guess the V-twin won't be dead in racing as long as the rules allow 20% more displacement. Something smells............
FIM will be adjusting weight by the time round 5 comes around in WSB. You're just steamed because v-twins (actually a L-twin) actually came prepared to race. It all comes down to torque and the ability of the 1098R to drive hard off corners. Alstare has great bikes racing this year, but it Yamaha and the "Customer" Ducatis that will make the racing really fun this year in WSB.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Who else sells a bike that you can strip the lights off of and go win races in a superstock class? That new Aprilia might be able to but I'd wager Ken's DL that the Ducati smokes everyone in WSB this season and when the AMA lets it race next year they add 15lbs minimum to the bike.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #9
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Can anyone wager Ken's DL? I've got some dodgy bets I could make over in Atlantic City if given the chance. Lord knows I'm not risking any of my stuff. If I can use Ken's stuff, I'm going in foot loose and fancy free! Maybe some nice long shots on some horses or something...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWolf View Post
We don't need to start this "the only possible racing class is by cc" solipsism again do we?