Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Ducati 1098R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7353-2008-ducati-1098r-review.html)

seruzawa 02-27-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 179610)
Can anyone wager Ken's DL? I've got some dodgy bets I could make over in Atlantic City if given the chance. Lord knows I'm not risking any of my stuff. If I can use Ken's stuff, I'm going in foot loose and fancy free! Maybe some nice long shots on some horses or something...

Bet all you want because, come this November, we'll all be getting FREE STUFF!

The_AirHawk 02-27-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 179612)
Bet all you want because, come this November, we'll all be getting FREE STUFF!

With CHANGE!!!

And a pullout so fast the Boss won't even know you've been in his Wife..............

BrowningBAR 02-27-2008 08:07 PM

"I pulled out way early on that one"
~Ernie "Big Ern" McCracken

anrajala 02-28-2008 04:59 AM

I think there should be only one racing class, monocylinder unlimited cc with megaphone.

- cruiz-euro

longride 02-28-2008 05:09 AM

Anyone have a baby bottle and some spare diapers handy?

longride 02-28-2008 05:12 AM

Not a bad price for a race-ready machine. I bet if you bought a new Honda CBR1000 and put the superbike HRC kit on it you would spend almost 3 times what this bike is going for. Ducati is coming up with cool stuff these days.

giganto 02-28-2008 05:44 AM

ill take two. one to have, one to hold.
seems a reasonable price for a well to do racer- perhaps even cheap in the course of a couple full seasons, all costs considered. i would buy this as apposed to a giant SUV, and just get bus passes for The Little Lady and kids..until they left/divorced. then i would sell one.. and still have one to hold.
Thanks for the fantasy.

pplassm 02-28-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 179609)
when the AMA lets it race next year they add 15lbs minimum to the bike.

Dude. I keep tellin' ya. AMA already approved 1200cc twins for THIS year!

1200cc Twins Approved For 2008 AMA Superbike Championship News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Unfortunately, Ducati hasn't taken the bait in Superbike. I DO see a few 848s entered in FX, though.

AMASuperbike.com: AMA Superbike pre-entry lists

HelterSkelter 02-28-2008 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSXRWolf (Post 179607)
I guess the V-twin won't be dead in racing as long as the rules allow 20% more displacement. Something smells............

Waaah!

Remind me again who has dominated AMA superbike for the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe we should make works Suzukis carry around 15-20lbs of extra weight and restrict thier intakes too?

Before you say it, yeas it really is the same scenario, Jordan Suzuki never even gets a look in unless Mladin or Spies bin a bike. Are all superbikes really created equal?

tomk2 02-28-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 179639)
Dude. I keep tellin' ya. AMA already approved 1200cc twins for THIS year!

1200cc Twins Approved For 2008 AMA Superbike Championship News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Unfortunately, Ducati hasn't taken the bait in Superbike. I DO see a few 848s entered in FX, though.

AMASuperbike.com: AMA Superbike pre-entry lists

yeah, I think the rule change came way too late for Ducati to put a team together for 2008 plus they'd already commited to supporting Larry Pegram in FX

as far as next year, who knows? with AMA selling off the management rights to racing it'll be a whole new landscape next year.

Myself I'm stoked for WorldSBK at Miller