Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Welcome to Motorcycling, gildco. And to MO. I've been inside Pigtrail H-D several times, it certainly is impressive. (and Rainbow Kawasaki - where I'm betting you bought your Vulcan)

Good choice in motorcycles (buying something less than a 800-lb behemoth), I doubt you'll ever feel it's "underpowered" when used for its intended purpose.

Virtually every road east from Rogers is fantastic motorcycling country (but then, you probably already know this!).

Hope to see you on the road sometime - you'll find me astride a red HawkGT, silver FZ-6, or red Pacific Coast.

Have fun!
Thanks, AirHawk. I plan to have fun, what with spring coming to the Carolinas shortly. Actually, I bought my bike in Monroe, NC, just outside of Charlotte. Good guys who take care of their customers. Take care.
gildco is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Welcome. You are getting into riding in a very good way!

(And PCs are neat bikes!)
Thanks for the comments. Couldn't resist, and took my bike out yesterday for some practice and just plain enjoyment. Love it. Take care.
Gil
Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Welcome, Gildco!

And don't hate the other drivers, for they know not what they do.
Great remark. Thanks for the input. Take care.
Gil
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It's called life. No one gets out alive. May as well enjoy it as much as possible.
You're right. I agree with Woody Allen: "I'm not afraid of dying; I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Thanks for the response.
Gil
Old 02-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Actually, I think of safety first before I do anything. I'm a careful guy!
That is the approach I am taking, too. My latest ride involved mapping out a route in my neighborhood, visualizing what I was going to do, and then doing it. Went well and gave me 40 mins. of practice--and enjoyment.

Thanks for the response. Take care.

Gil
Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #16
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Gildco:
What an a-hole. What were you thinking buying a 900cc cruiser instead of a Ninja 250? You're lucky you made it home alive. Please don't subject your wife to your death-wish; she probably has no idea you're riding down Suicide Road. Drop a line next week after your first crash, if you still can. We'll just see how wonderful you think this death sport is then.

HAHAHAHAHA JUST KIDDIN DUDE! Kirk says we have to behave, which is the best way to get me to act up! Seriously, if you ride as well as you write, you're going to do great. I enjoyed your prose, and look forward to hearing more from you in the future. KM
Thanks, and please call me Mr. A-Hole. I enjoyed your comments. Take care.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildco View Post
Thanks, AirHawk. I plan to have fun, what with spring coming to the Carolinas shortly. Actually, I bought my bike in Monroe, NC, just outside of Charlotte. Good guys who take care of their customers. Take care.
Whups! My mistake - thought you were living in the MO/AR Ozarks.

I've ridden in Western NC and North GA several times - it's one of my fav areas of the US. If you ever get through Suches, GA, (North of Dahlonega at the Jct. of GA60 and GA180) be certain to stop-in at T.W.O. for a Big-Ass Burger or some of G.T.'s near-famous Chili. Or anything that's on the menu.

Mmmmmm Eggplant Parmigiana..... {drool}
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #18
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I'm sorry, your tome put me to sleep half way through, please offer an abbreviated version for us ADD types......

At anyrate I assume you bought a bike and are having fun riding?..

Very well, wash, rinse, repeat....
You're right. I fell asleep writing it, which is why it's so long. :>) Thanks for the input.
Gil
Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #19
gildco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Whups! My mistake - thought you were living in the MO/AR Ozarks.

I've ridden in Western NC and North GA several times - it's one of my fav areas of the US. If you ever get through Suches, GA, (North of Dahlonega at the Jct. of GA60 and GA180) be certain to stop-in at T.W.O. for a Big-Ass Burger or some of G.T.'s near-famous Chili. Or anything that's on the menu.

Mmmmmm Eggplant Parmigiana..... {drool}
Thanks for the tip re: G.T.s. I used to service a box plant in Rome, GA. Some good mountains within eyesight of the plant, too. We lived in MO for 10 years (western and eastern) and liked it much. Beautiful state. Then spent 19 years in Tulsa, OK. My friends say that the area around Ashville, NC, is a biker's paradise, and the Blue Ridge Parkway is a great ride. I'm planning on going there this summer (2.5 hrs. from Charlotte). Have you ridden on it?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #20
TheFox
Founding Member

It's Bolingbrook. And if you need a couch to crash on, I'm available. I'm just 2 L stops from the loop and 3 blocks from the expressway. Drop me an email or give me a call (if you still have it).

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote