Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Unsolicited Testimonial

One of the regulars at Motorcycle.com is "acecycleins," aka: Kirk Harrington. Kirk owns Ace Specialty Insurance, and focuses on policies for bikes and other motorsports. I just got insurance for my new DL1K from Kirk; here's why:

-The prices from Geico, Progressive, and a couple of other big names came in around $1,200/yr. Kirk got me a policy for $677, with the same coverage the other guys quoted. Cha-ching!

-Kirk was very helpful and consulted with me on the policy personally. Honestly, I have no idea if I need a 100/200 or a 200/100, but after working with Kirk, I'm sure I have what I really need and no more.

-Going along with the above, I liked working with an actual rider, and not just clicking on a website (you can do it that way if you want to) or talking to "some guy" in a giant call center. Kirk is a dedicated rider, and it shows.

-All aspects of the deal were handled promptly and professionally. I had my coverage the day I faxed the papers, and hardcopy documents within 3 days via mail.

-When I asked his associate Wendy via email where I should call in case of an accident, she gave me the "official 800 number," but also gave me their cell number and said to "load it in my cell phone" and call them directly 24/7 if I ever need anything.

Obviously, not everyone's experience will be exactly like mine, and some people have varous reasons to go with other companies, (combined home/auto/bike policies, what have you) but, if you are looking for a policy, I highly recommend you give Kirk a shot at your business. I contacted him initially via PM on this site, but you can find his website at acecycleins.com.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

As long as we're giving testimonials I gotta thank Ken for that recommendation of the primo biker flick, "Angels, Hard As They Come." I give it three stars. Not as good as "Stone Cold" and not as funny as "The Born Losers" but at least most of the scenes strung together in a semi-logical fashion.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
As long as we're giving testimonials I gotta thank Ken for that recommendation of the primo biker flick, "Angels, Hard As They Come." I give it three stars. Not as good as "Stone Cold" and not as funny as "The Born Losers" but at least most of the scenes strung together in a semi-logical fashion.
The part where the girl asks the "Angel" why they call him "Crab" and he proceeds to pull down his pants and show her is hysterical!

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 02-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The part where the girl asks the "Angel" why they call him "Crab" and he proceeds to pull down his pants and show her is hysterical!
It definitely had it's high points. I liked the exchange where the chick calls Scott Glenn a crazy criminal and he calls her a dirty hippie, in so many words. Did you notice that the front wheel of the evil biker leader's Panhead was crooked in the fork? Typical AEE kit crap.

Do you have "Stone Cold" in your que? The eulogy that Lance Henriksen gives at William Forsyth's "funeral" is top notch biker shtick. Well worth sitting through Brian Bosworth's so-called acting.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Dude, you know that wasn't "Acting" on Boz's part! He lives that lifestyle!

One of my Drivers, I swear on the Injil, must absolutely Idolize him - dress, talk, walk, moto-taste, - the whole Boz Experience in our own private little world here........

(but I seem to have had at least some influence on him: he rides in the Winter now, doesn't let mere cold stop him. kudos to him, and to any others that just get out and ride!)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Do you have "Stone Cold" in your que? The eulogy that Lance Henriksen gives at William Forsyth's "funeral" is top notch biker shtick. Well worth sitting through Brian Bosworth's so-called acting.
I saw it a while back, but I think I'll order it up again. I've just dumped Blockbuster Online and switched to Netflix. BBuster started off pretty good, but then they basically stopped shipping movies with any regularity. My buddies rave on Netfix, so I'll see what's in their biker catagory this weekend.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Dude, you know that wasn't "Acting" on Boz's part! He lives that lifestyle!

One of my Drivers, I swear on the Injil, must absolutely Idolize him - dress, talk, walk, moto-taste, - the whole Boz Experience in our own private little world here........

(but I seem to have had at least some influence on him: he rides in the Winter now, doesn't let mere cold stop him. kudos to him, and to any others that just get out and ride!)
Does he even sport the mullet? Buz is jealous!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Kenneth- Thanks for the kind words. We may not have the lowest premium (but usually I kick ass) for some people yet we gain customers because of the way I decided to operate the agency. My sister Kim (not Wendy- but I won't tell) is my business partner and we work in an office space that is a whopping 300sq ft. Takes a lot of patients working with family, but in truth I couldn't do this without her. I try to keep my knowledge of bikes and all the companies that sell bike coverage (even ones I can't work with) as relevant as possible. I believe that helps me be a better agent and to a certain extent friend to the customer. Do mistakes happen. Well, I run a 2 person operation that services over 2400 customers- so, yep it happens. But we make up for it in personality and charisma. Mostly, my customers know that I'm a rider first and they will cut me a little slack if I drop the ball on anything. Really though, our management system is pretty good and our ability to respond to changes on policies are usually done within minutes of conversations and off go the emails to the customers to confirm. I only do business in GA, FL, AL, NC, SC but if anyone needs ideas for the state they live in I will be glad to help. Remember- even the out of state people eventually get me referrals. That's why I do it.
Anyways, thanks again- Kirk
Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Kenneth- Thanks for the kind words. We may not have the lowest premium (but usually I kick ass) for some people yet we gain customers because of the way I decided to operate the agency. My sister Kim (not Wendy- but I won't tell) is my business partner and we work in an office space that is a whopping 300sq ft. Takes a lot of patients working with family, but in truth I couldn't do this without her. I try to keep my knowledge of bikes and all the companies that sell bike coverage (even ones I can't work with) as relevant as possible. I believe that helps me be a better agent and to a certain extent friend to the customer. Do mistakes happen. Well, I run a 2 person operation that services over 2400 customers- so, yep it happens. But we make up for it in personality and charisma. Mostly, my customers know that I'm a rider first and they will cut me a little slack if I drop the ball on anything. Really though, our management system is pretty good and our ability to respond to changes on policies are usually done within minutes of conversations and off go the emails to the customers to confirm. I only do business in GA, FL, AL, NC, SC but if anyone needs ideas for the state they live in I will be glad to help. Remember- even the out of state people eventually get me referrals. That's why I do it.
Anyways, thanks again- Kirk
No problem with lots of patients in the family. There are a lot of patients here on MO too.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Durn Right....

Quote:
No problem with lots of patients in the family. There are a lot of patients here on MO too.

Most of the people here are outstanding in their field

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote