Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
Another billet barge, even if it's alloy. Can't believe you're getting excited about bar-end indicators - they've been around in Europe for the past forty-plus years as a common BMW aftermarket trinket; and as for single-sided front ends, have a look at what people like Ludovic Lazareth do. Sorry, but this is just overpriced, unoriginal, and probably unrideable, too.
The front end is just a one-sided leading link. Leading links have been around a long time. Pre-70s BMWs anyone? How about the ELF GP bikes of the 80's? Greeves? Honda Cub? Dreams? Etc.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
A little tough on the Robb Report Mag there Buz. They are just catering to the Starbucks crowd.
I had a free one year subscription to it once. The only thing that would have been worse was two free years.

It's the Obama of moto mags. A lot of words and nothing gets said!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I had a free one year subscription to it once. The only thing that would have been worse was two free years.

Love that! The American Idol Contestant for President.
(stole that from Neal Boortz)
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #14
vermicious
Registered Member

that thing is oogly and seems like it would be annoying to ride.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Could be worse. It could be the Al Gore of moto mags and lots of words but nothing ever gets done.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #16
bbtowns
Founding Member

Man, I watched 4.5 minutes of video hoping to see the damn thing go around a corner, and was screwed. Couldn't bring myself to watch the whole 6+ min. Love the RR comment, you must need a frickin' dry lake bed to do a u-turn with that thing. Worst motorcycle ever (with comic book guy sarcasm). Oh, and there should be some kind of electric shock administered for bringing politics into moto-forums.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Travesty V-Rex for 2008

Wow, what a machine! I especially liked the jello-mould front hub, and the menacing robot face/arm/front fork swingarm thingamabob.

But why doesn't it have a luggage rack? And that tractor-seat thing is soooo passe'. I can picture Gort (the robot from "The Day the Earth Stood Still") riding one.

Klatu Nicto Barata!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

See that's where you're all wrong, I think it would be a ball to ride just as anything on two wheels is fun. I wouldn't pay a nickle for it nor do I think it's anything other than an oddity with a decent motor but for a fun factor it's got to be up there with riding in a shopping cart down a steep hill. A kick in the ass, as long as you survive

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
for a fun factor it's got to be up there with riding in a shopping cart down a steep hill. A kick in the ass, as long as you survive
Yeah! I wouldn't/couldn't buy it either, but it was a blast to ride. And if I had plenty of discretionary income, maybe I would buy one. I can think of worse ways to spend $40K on a bike...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Yeah! I wouldn't/couldn't buy it either, but it was a blast to ride. And if I had plenty of discretionary income, maybe I would buy one. I can think of worse ways to spend $40K on a bike...
Kevin, did you get any hints as to the production numbers for this bike and it's next iteration? Also, do you know whatever happened to the Y2K bike builder? When it first came out, I had the impression from some of the magazine articles that they were going to be produced on an ongoing basis. They apparently invested a lot of time and money in design and engineering; more than you might expect for a "one off" deal.