Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   K&P Engineering's Reusable Oil Filter (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7254-k-p-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter.html)

Administrator 02-12-2008 09:18 AM

K&P Engineering's Reusable Oil Filter

Original Article:
K&P Engineering's Reusable Oil Filter

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article K&P Engineering's Reusable Oil Filter in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 02-12-2008 09:24 AM

Here we go again.

Kenneth_Moore 02-12-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 178715)
Here we go again.

Regarding your signature, from dictionary.com. My italics:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -
lib·er·al
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

pro·gres·sive

1. favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, esp. in political matters: a progressive mayor.
2. making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.: a progressive community.

3. characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.
4. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to any of the Progressive parties in politics.
5. going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.

con·serv·a·tive

1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
2. cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
3. traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
4. (often initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.
5. (initial capital letter) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Conservative Jews or Conservative Judaism.
6. having the power or tendency to conserve; preservative.

sarnali2 02-12-2008 10:17 AM

It's like Deja Vu, all over again....

The_AirHawk 02-12-2008 10:29 AM

Most "Liberals" seem to favour freedom and Lassaiz-faire so long as you believe only as they do.

Ergo, I've largely quit calling Demonrats "Liberal".

Same goes for the Republicrats.

seruzawa 02-12-2008 10:42 AM

Interesting, but immaterial. A govt loving totalitarian collectivist is a govt loving totalitarian collectivist whether you call him a liberal or a progressive or a conservative.

Who defines "progress" anyhow? The descent into a totalitarian society might be progress to the 'progressives' but it isn't to me.

longride 02-12-2008 10:44 AM

I think some of the liberal people on the board are real crybabies. Maybe if they were half as 'progressive and open-minded' as they think they are, they wouldn't cry about Bush every chance they got.

Kenneth_Moore 02-12-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 178725)
I think some of the liberal people on the board are real crybabies. Maybe if they were half as 'progressive and open-minded' as they think they are, they wouldn't cry about Bush every chance they got.

WHAT? GASP!!! You mean there are LIBERALS on this board? WHO? WHERE?? LET'S LYNCH THE F'ERS!!!

If we let this go by, the next thing you know we'll have a bunch of whiners crying about Al Gore every fourth post. It has to stop HERE!

sarnali2 02-12-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 178725)

Liberals are as open minded and accepting of others as they come....as long as you agree with them. Working at the U-W for 13 years and being browbeaten once a year by "Diversity Training" classes taught me two things,

1. as a middle class white male I was responsible for every evil thing in the world, every transgression from appearing to have any kind of pride for doing well for myself in life to actually having the gall not to want to hand over my part of my paycheck for the "United Way" to support "art" such as a picture of a Crucifix in a jar of piss.

2. As a white male I and my family were directly responsible for slavery, genocide against Native Americans, Nuking the Japanese when they refused to surrender..basically starting WW2 in the first place by forcing the Japanese to attack us, various and sundry offences against immigrants like not wanting Vietnamese refugees to eat all the god dam* squirrels in the park along with their neighbors cats and dogs...After I pointed out that I myself was an immigrant and couldn't possibly have had anything to do with 200 years of oppression since I only moved here in '67, I was pretty much called a liar and racist and that I would be forced to leave the class (and thereby loose my job) if I was disruptive again....

I don't think much of bible banging right wing tub-thumpers either but at least they're consistant.

longride 02-12-2008 12:00 PM

I didn't mean you Kenneth! :-D