Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default K&P Engineering’s Reusable Oil Filter

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//products/kp-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter-71983.html">K&amp;P Engineering’s Reusable Oil Filter</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article K&amp;P Engineering’s Reusable Oil Filter in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 AM   #2
anrajala
Founding Member

Everything you do carries an opportunity cost: you can’t do something else instead. You’ve got to ask yourself how does washing an oil filter rank in your list of things.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Everything you do carries an opportunity cost: you can’t do something else instead. You’ve got to ask yourself how does washing an oil filter rank in your list of things.

- cruiz-euro
Yeah, but if you check their website, you'll see they have an accessory bypass valve that allows the rider to dispense "burnout oil" to the rear wheel by merely pulling a lever on the handlebar! This could be just what you've been looking for...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

But can it dispense 'rolling burnout' oil? Herein lies the problem! The man does rollers dude, so please check with the manufacturer again.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
But can it dispense 'rolling burnout' oil? Herein lies the problem! The man does rollers dude, so please check with the manufacturer again.
Aw man, I was trying to help and now it's all so, so, CONFUSING!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

You guys can kargue about kburnout oil all day. I still have to kcome to kgrips with K&P Engineering.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #7
Gluge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post

- cruiz-euro
Exactly... that's why I don't use an oil filter at all. Who wants a filter to change anyway?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 AM   #8
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Constant loss oiling systems are the shiznit!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

In what way is a washable oil filter new???. manufacturers went to disposable spin on's because they got tired of people complaining of having to wash out their oil filter elements in the 60's.

My 1980 FLH and my 1978 XLH both had super tight woven mesh oil filters. I though it was pretty cool, just swish them around in gas and let them dry every 1000 miles or so and off you go. It was attached to the bottom of the oil tank cap...lift it out, drain the oil tank, swish the filter around let it dry while you refill the oil bag and there you are, 10 minute oil change.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ah yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
In what way is a washable oil filter new???. manufacturers went to disposable spin on's because they got tired of people complaining of having to wash out their oil filter elements in the 60's.

My 1980 FLH and my 1978 XLH both had super tight woven mesh oil filters. I though it was pretty cool, just swish them around in gas and let them dry every 1000 miles or so and off you go. It was attached to the bottom of the oil tank cap...lift it out, drain the oil tank, swish the filter around let it dry while you refill the oil bag and there you are, 10 minute oil change.
You must be one of those techno-phobes. I'll bet you don't worship BMWs either. Heretic!

There is always something nice about the ease of dry sump oil changes. No futzing around banging your knuckles and trying to loosen the freaking drain nut down there amongst all that exhaust plumbing. Especially after warming the engine like you are supposed to.

You can't use this on an HD anyhow. You need at least 5000 micron mesh or the loose chunks of piston will just plug it up .

Last edited by seruzawa : 01-31-2008 at 07:55 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote