Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Duplicate thread

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//shoot-outs/mainstream-chopper-shootout-69801.html">http://lnx.sarapica.net/art/ufo/uco/</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article http://lnx.sarapica.net/art/ufo/uco/ in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Huh?

Did somebody spill coffee on somethin'?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Did somebody spill coffee on somethin'?
This has been an ongoing issue. The Admins are working on this, but there is no ETA on when it will be resolved. No idea how it happens, but it could be due to upgrades or changes to the site.

For now, just pretend it is an article about Harleys and post snide comments about how crappy HD is, how expensive HD is, and how every motorcycle is better than Harley.

Or you can pretend it is a sportbike shootout review and you can post snide comments about how impractical they are for real world riding, how there is .002% improvements over the previous version, or comment on how lame Honda is.

It's wide open. Have at it!

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 01-29-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Speakin' o sportbikes and Harley's....did I ever tell you 'bout the time some squid on a CBR900RR wanted to race me on my ol' hand banger Shovelhead?.......

I was headin' out to Port Townsend on the Kitsap Peninsula for a bowl o' clam chowder when I went past the Bremerton Navy Yard and some swabby on a CBR see's me and gives chase...he was wearin' his blue jacket and I could see he was a 2nd class Botswain, well I'll tell ya', no Botswain ever beat this Snipe and I wasn't about to break the record!

I reached back and grabbed third and gave the 'ol gal some gas and pulled ahead even further, I could see in my mirrors ol' Soiciro huddled over the tank and gainin' but there 's some corners comin' up and there ain't a rice grinder made can keep up with 80 inches of haulin' Hog through the corners....

I was a'throwin' up sparks left and right through them sweepers but the little sum' bit*h was on my tail like a dam* Zero till we hit the straights... I double clutched and grabbed 4th and that was all she wrote boys n' girls....I watched him getting smaller and smaller in the mirrors till he finally waved off and headed back to the boat.

Probably had some paint to chip or somthin'.........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

...that's a shame, sarnali's taken up drinkin' in the morning.

Or Cotton Lyndal Hill has taken over his account.

Either way; mornin'!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default More like some mind altering substance...

"I reached back and grabbed third and gave the 'ol gal some gas and pulled ahead even further, I could see in my mirrors ol' Soiciro huddled over the tank and gainin' but there 's some corners comin' up and there ain't a rice grinder made can keep up with 80 inches of haulin' Hog through the corners...."

...that warps time, space and reality...

Back in the good old days when I had legs my morning commute was up Victory into Van Nuys every morning, on a variety of motorcycles, DT1s, CB350s, KZ750...etc. whatever had the most gas. And every morning at Chandler & Victory there he's be, the wanna be hardcore on his Dyna Glide...just itching to put it to some rice grinder. To make a long story short, I'd beat him on the CB350 by about 3 bike lenghts, on the KZ750 by about two blocks and on the DT2 250 Yamaha Enduro with a GYT Kit pipe, dead even through all the gears.

Keep away from the 'schrooms...