Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #21
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Eeew. Testosterone!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Rednecks were always about 20 years behind the times. You were a trend setter then!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #23
vermicious
Registered Member

Maybe not to you

I'm plenty comfortable with blue collar sensibilities (having spent the better part of life living in relative [read American] poverty) but this kind of crap denigrates motorcycling (in my not so humble opinion).
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

In my experience, the supposedly 'lower class' people have higher moral values than any of the cutthroat corporate a$$holes I currently work with. I found the higher a person climbs in so-called 'status', the more of a lying snake ba$stard they become.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #25
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
In my experience, the supposedly 'lower class' people have higher moral values than any of the cutthroat corporate a$$holes I currently work with. I found the higher a person climbs in so-called 'status', the more of a lying snake ba$stard they become.
People from all walks of life have equal opportunities to suck. As a percentage, there's just as many poor scumbags as rich ones in my experience.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #26
vermicious
Registered Member

I wasn't making a moral judgement. I just prefer to keep motorcycling about motorcycling and boobs about boobs. And if I gave the impression that I have some sort of attitude towards (to use your phrase) lower class people I spoke out of turn.... at least so far as that term applies to income.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 AM   #27
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
People from all walks of life have equal opportunities to suck. As a percentage, there's just as many poor scumbags as rich ones in my experience.
Probably, though those with money are in a better position to foist their scumminess upon others and may be less inclined towards remorse for it.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
Probably, though those with money are in a better position to foist their scumminess upon others and may be less inclined towards remorse for it.
Those with money are also far less likely to suffer the consequences of their scumminess. I personally know four guys who got DUIs or popped for possesion. The two with money walked, the two without didn't.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I can't stand any of the so called blood sports like UFC, boxing and wrestling. I can appreciate skill in self defense but just knocking the sh*t out of each other for money is crass at best.

As of course are augmented ta ta's, I think a handfull is just fine myself. So we have Harley Davidson which I love going for the lowest common denominators with fake tits and low brows beating the piss out of each other...

F*cking Brilliant guys...way to show some class...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

"just knocking the sh*t out of each other for money is crass at best."

In the U.S. people don't get into these just for the money. The odds of making money (as a fighter) in any of these is pretty low, and you can take a lot of damage before getting to the point where you're making enough to support yourself (and possibly your immediate family). And in other countries, like Asia and Latin America, fighters get into it for the money, sure, but in their case it's usually a matter trying to get themselves out of poverty. And that doesn't seem crass to me at all.

Okay, that's my last post on this subject, since it's a bit of a tangent on anything related to motorcycling. And those who want to debate HD as a subject in itself, or HD as it's associated with UFC, WWE, or anything else, y'all go ahead without me.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote