Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   1917 Henderson Four Bike Test (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7162-1917-henderson-four-bike-test.html)

Administrator 01-23-2008 03:25 PM

1917 Henderson Four Bike Test

Original Article:
1917 Henderson Four Bike Test

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 1917 Henderson Four Bike Test in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sfcdjevans 01-23-2008 04:13 PM

Thanks Mo

Your redemption is complete. Articles like this, I'm not gonna leave out mscuddy, and the rest of your staff have allayed all of my fear and loathing brought on by "the change". Thanks again. Now feel free to deliver a Ural, two wheel drive please, so I can do a good winter lunacy write up for you.

seruzawa 01-23-2008 04:48 PM

My Dad and Uncle had Henderson 4s when they were young men. But they would never talk about it much. Since my Dad spent some time at Jacob Riis High (a reform school in L.A.) and he had to join the Army to avoid jail (although he also wouldn't talk about that either) I'm not surprised that he was reluctant to see me ride bikes. He did say that the Henderson was faster than anything around, though it took time to get speed up on it. He started to say something once about a two day journey from Hollywood to Bakersfield but clammed up. He did relate a story about racing some girls in a Model A along Sunset to Malibu but once again clammed up when he go to the part where they hooked up. It's one of my sadnesses to know that he is gone now without ever having told me about those days.

giganto 01-24-2008 05:31 AM

Nice read..

..as i contemplate NY to AZ in late Feb on a willing Beast with just a tad more power than the Henderson, the story makes me feel like a delicate, lowly worm all over again for considering waiting till spring.
Even without massive delays/wrecks, these old tales of moto endurance are something like baseball stats from an era long gone:
hard to fully appreciate.
Now- Id like a "new" Henderson with triple-wide phat rear end with chromed out wheels, blue light under kit, chrome half "german" lid permanently affixed to passenger seat, so I can fart around Queens and Brooklyn on Sunday.
Great story.

sarnali2 01-24-2008 08:23 AM

I'd prefer an Indian four, more modern design and more power.

longride 01-24-2008 08:37 AM

How bout a Honda Four? More modern design and more power! :p

sarnali2 01-24-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 177597)
How bout a Honda Four? More modern design and more power! :p

Better a sister in a wh*rehouse than a brother on a Honda

seruzawa 01-24-2008 10:13 AM

How about....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 177623)
Better a sister in a wh*rehouse than a brother on a Honda

.... a sarnali2 on a Suzuki?

sarnali2 01-24-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 177625)
.... a sarnali2 on a Suzuki?

Suzuki's are cool, they don't count.

anrajala 01-24-2008 12:44 PM

My God, can I post here! Hallelujah! Geez I was getting worried for a while that HD Crossbones thread is "closed for unknown reasons", a soviet euphemism for, er, you guessed right. I mean this is wonderful, people can actually write their opionion. Wow.

- cruiz-euro