Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Beaks (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7160-beaks.html)

longride 01-23-2008 03:40 PM

The Strom is so ugly it really doesn't matter much.

seruzawa 01-23-2008 04:52 PM

Yikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 177555)
I think someone was drinking heavily when you believed them....

They're pretty useless actually. On a MX'r or full on dirt bike they keep mud from jamming up the wheel and let the knobbies clean themselves. On a street bike they just let more crud fly up in your face when the weather's crummy. fenders that fit close to the tires are way better on a street bike if you ride in wet weather.

Remember when it was vogue to have no front fender at all.... gravel, mud puddles, assorted detritus, etc. all flying up in the wind and into your face in a perfect hyperbolic arc at 50 mph.

The_AirHawk 01-23-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 177561)
I can't make up my mind if that beak on Strom is cool or fugly. At least it's unique.

Beak for vstrom - Stromtrooper.com

Looks like a good place for a couple of extra lights, though.

seruzawa 01-23-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 177573)
Looks like a good place for a couple of extra lights, though.

Bjork is unique too.

Kenneth_Moore 01-24-2008 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 177561)
I can't make up my mind if that beak on Strom is cool or fugly. At least it's unique.
]

Got to see it in person; it's the only way to tell. If I were looking for more bodywork, I'd be doing the lower fairing kit first anyway.

dlvstrom | Proudly riding V STROM in USA !

sarnali2 01-24-2008 07:05 AM

Well going by the picture I'd say it looked like Daffy Duck on crank right before he flings himself at the SWAT Team.....

trenttheuncatchable 01-24-2008 07:55 AM

That custom-made beak makes the V-Strom look even stranger than normal. The lower fairings are a good design, though, much better than those for the older (pre-2006) FZ1. The black DL650 with lower fairings looks alright to me. The only issue I'd have is that installing lower fairings might preclude installing crash guards.

Kenneth_Moore 01-24-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 177590)
That custom-made beak makes the V-Strom look even stranger than normal. The lower fairings are a good design, though, much better than those for the older (pre-2006) FZ1. The black DL650 with lower fairings looks alright to me. The only issue I'd have is that installing lower fairings might preclude installing crash guards.

I suspect that anyone intending to offroad their Strom would never consider the lowers. You couldn't add crash guards, bash plates, etc. It's for those of us who want their Strom for ST duties. You can still add sliders though.