Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   First Look: 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7153-first-look-2008-harley-davidson-flstsb-softail-cross-bones.html)

Administrator 01-21-2008 01:57 PM

First Look: 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones

Original Article:
First Look: 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article First Look: 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sfcdjevans 01-21-2008 02:04 PM

Lose the hangers, put on some bags, paint it green, oops.

sachiwilson 01-21-2008 03:25 PM

Seven HUNDRED and thirty seven pounds. Yeah, just like those old bobbers.

Guys, the whole point of a bobber is to lose unnecessary weight, not add it. Cut a couple hundred pounds off that turkey and I'll start paying attention.

mscuddy 01-21-2008 03:46 PM

...needs more rake & a 6" over fork. Looks like a Cushman without the front end being kicked out a bit more.

seruzawa 01-21-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 177415)
Seven HUNDRED and thirty seven pounds. Yeah, just like those old bobbers.

Guys, the whole point of a bobber is to lose unnecessary weight, not add it. Cut a couple hundred pounds off that turkey and I'll start paying attention.

Who ever thought that my old Shovelhead Fatbob at a mere 610pounds would be considered a light weight cruiser today. LOL! You need that extra hp from the 96CI engine just to make up the weight difference. double LOL!

longride 01-21-2008 04:01 PM

After seeing the price of it, kinda makes my Knuck look like a downright bargain! I guess if you can't handle the real thing you go out and buy one of these.

Kenneth_Moore 01-21-2008 05:20 PM

It's amazing what those boys over at HD can do with their parts bin! Equally amazing is how they can just open the catalog from 50-60 years ago and say: "Ok, let's do this again" (note the dash panel in particular). And it works...that bike will sell; bobbers are in and the "biker" fashion slu ts will gobble them up.

It is nice to see that the springer front end gets another rendition; I know it's not that efficient but I've always dug the style. Hmm...a springer on a V-Strom; now that would be...um..ok, never mind.

(The censored word was slots with a u. Sheese.)

OhioSteve 01-21-2008 06:29 PM

Motorcycles are for riding. I ride regardless of weather, time of day, or traffic conditions nine months a year. That bike is 100 pounds overweight, and the handlebars give you no leverage. The Nightster is a great bike. But this one is more garage art than something you could actually ride.

anrajala 01-22-2008 12:47 AM

Sponsorship for UFC and WEC? What’s next, Wrestlemania? Pit bull terriers? Is it me or is this starting to get really embarrasing. Its MIT they should sponsor. For starters put another disk on that front for gossakes. Is there a single engineer left in that bunch of MBAs and fashionistas running the company?

- cruiz-euro

longride 01-22-2008 04:59 AM

It's funny you say that this bike is unrideable, when many years ago people rode bikes that were exactly like this one year round and thousands and thousands of miles. I hate apes too, but some guys can't ride without them. Ask Sarnali. He has the braided armpit hair to prove it.