Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   New CBR1000RR Hits Racetrack (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7091-new-cbr1000rr-hits-racetrack.html)

Administrator 01-14-2008 12:49 PM

New CBR1000RR Hits Racetrack

Original Article:
New CBR1000RR Hits Racetrack

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article New CBR1000RR Hits Racetrack in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

longride 01-14-2008 12:58 PM

They should get excited after they actually beat either of the Yosh Suzuki guys. Coming in third is nothing to crow about really.

yossef 01-18-2008 11:09 AM

but....

they did win the WSBK championship....

-Yossef-

longride 01-18-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yossef (Post 177231)

-Yossef-

Fantastic! Too bad they have not done so well in AMA racing.

Kenneth_Moore 01-18-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yossef (Post 177231)

-Yossef-

There you go Yossef, throwing facts and figures around, trying to ruin LR's crabby rant. Sheese, give the man a break, willya?

acecycleins 01-18-2008 11:17 AM

Those Ten Kate guys are like Yosh Suzuki here. What would make the racing real fun is watching Erion field a Hayes piloted bike against Amerian Honda. Don't the Erion guys have a data/parts deal with Ten Kate? Thought I read that somewhere. Anyway, Hayes deserves the shot. Nothing against Zemke, but he got his factory gig and now has to pull the back-up slot. Hayes had impressive momentum coming off FX and SS championships- give the guy a bike and let him see what he can do.

longride 01-18-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 177233)
There you go Yossef, throwing facts and figures around, trying to ruin LR's crabby rant. Sheese, give the man a break, willya?

Right on! I should have crabby ranted about their overwhelming success in AMA racing! Maybe after getting their asses handed to them again this year, I can mention it? Anyone taking bets?? :-D

seruzawa 01-18-2008 11:56 AM

Cool!

You and longride. The two guys who still follow AMA superbikzzzzzzzzzzz......

acecycleins 01-18-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 177235)
Right on! I should have crabby ranted about their overwhelming success in AMA racing! Maybe after getting their asses handed to them again this year, I can mention it? Anyone taking bets?? :-D

What's the bet. Gotta be modest- I'm poor. My predictions-

Daytona- Spies 1, Mladin 2, Hodgeson 3
Barber- Mladin 1, Spies 2, Hodgeson 3
Cali- Duhamel 1, Yates 2, Bostrom 3
Infineon- Hodgeson 1, Spies 2, Bostrom 3
Miller- Spies 1, Hacker 2, Hayden 3
Road America- Duhamel 1, Hodgeson 2, Mladin 3
Laguna- Yates 1, Spies 2, Duhamel 3
Mid-Ohio- Spies 1, Hodgeson 2, Mladin 3
VIR- Hodgeson 1, Mladin 2, Hacker 3
Rd Atl- Mladin 1, Spies 2, Hodgeson 3
Laguna- Duhamel 1, DeSalvo 2, Mladin 3

I know some of these are double headers but in at least one of the two races the order will be as picked.

HEY! SOMEONE WRITE THIs DOWN> :-)

longride 01-18-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 177241)
You and longride. The two guys who still follow AMA superbikzzzzzzzzzzz......

The less the merrier! Cheap tix, easy to get a seat, no lines for beer or the head. What's not to like? I'm going to check out some Daytona action when I am down there. Plenty of good seats left!