Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You are pracitically the GMP! I say the races will be like this: Spies, Mladin; Mladin, Spies; Spies, Mladin; Mladin, Spies.....and I think you get the picture.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Real bikers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The less the merrier! Cheap tix, easy to get a seat, no lines for beer or the head. What's not to like? I'm going to check out some Daytona action when I am down there. Plenty of good seats left!
.... ride to Daytona on the Knuck.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The less the merrier! Cheap tix, easy to get a seat, no lines for beer or the head. What's not to like? I'm going to check out some Daytona action when I am down there. Plenty of good seats left!
Anybody coming to Daytona for Bike Week is cordially invited to hang out at my Mom's 120 year old plantation house on the Indian River. It's about 35-40 minutes from the track. Me and my buddy Les are going to the Daytona 200 for sure, maybe be there for some extra days in addition. I'm serious, let me know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00459.JPG (65.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00461.JPG (64.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Anybody coming to Daytona for Bike Week is cordially invited to hang out at my Mom's 120 year old plantation house on the Indian River. It's about 35-40 minutes from the track. Me and my buddy Les are going to the Daytona 200 for sure, maybe be there for some extra days in addition. I'm serious, let me know!
Hey Ken- that true. I started writing articles for a little known rag called Road Rash Atlanta and the editor and I were thinking of hitting the races. He's got his hook up already but I'm SOL. At 41 I don't camp any longer. But if I can roll a sleeping bag and have indoor plumbing I'd be interested.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'll be coming down there but I think we will be back before the race. I will still check out practice and take a few test rides at the track. Since my wife will be with me, I have to be in my best behavior.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Hey Ken- that true. I started writing articles for a little known rag called Road Rash Atlanta and the editor and I were thinking of hitting the races. He's got his hook up already but I'm SOL. At 41 I don't camp any longer. But if I can roll a sleeping bag and have indoor plumbing I'd be interested.
You're good to go, my Brother! I see the big race is Saturday, 3/8. I can guarantee you a berth on 3/7 and 3/8. If I can get away from work an extra day or two, maybe we can do the 5th and 6th too. But Friday and Saturday, no problemo. If you want to check the location on Mapquest, it's 5320 N. Cocoa Blvd, Cocoa, FL. You can see a great view of Mom's place on Google Earth too.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You're good to go, my Brother! I see the big race is Saturday, 3/8. I can guarantee you a berth on 3/7 and 3/8. If I can get away from work an extra day or two, maybe we can do the 5th and 6th too. But Friday and Saturday, no problemo. If you want to check the location on Mapquest, it's 5320 N. Cocoa Blvd, Cocoa, FL. You can see a great view of Mom's place on Google Earth too.
That's great. I just started helping my buddy with the bike rag a couple of months ago. I do a sort of Fan perspective on the race scene. I don't make any money (yet) but he trades me ad space for my work. One day I may even want to grow up and be a professional at this stuff. It's been real fun so far.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default real bikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
.... ride to Daytona on the Knuck.

Uh-Oh......

Better Man Up there Shortwalk,

Looks like The Dr. done tossed the gauntlet my friend ......A nice set of 8x10 color glossies of you and the missus holding the current days newspaper up in front of the Knucklehead at the track should do.......

( umm, you don't own a pick up or trailer do ya?)......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 01-18-2008 at 02:19 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
That's great. I just started helping my buddy with the bike rag a couple of months ago. I do a sort of Fan perspective on the race scene. I don't make any money (yet) but he trades me ad space for my work. One day I may even want to grow up and be a professional at this stuff. It's been real fun so far.
I tried making a living as a boat Captain. It's something I do really well, and love to do I got my CG Master's License, set up shop, spent two years going into debt, and went back to IT. At least I tried!

Daytona will be a blast!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Better Man Up there Shortwalk,

Looks like The Dr. done tossed the gauntlet my friend ......A nice set of 8x10 color glossies of you and the missus holding the current days newspaper up in front of the Knucklehead at the track should do.......

( umm, you don't own a pick up or trailer do ya?)......
Do I look nuts? I know this is hard to believe, but the Knuck is down for repairs for the winter. It is on the lift as we speak getting some needed attention. I rode to daytona for 7 straight years from here, but I'll be flying this time. I do not own a pickup or a trailer, but you two clowns need to show up at my doorstep next year and we ride down there. Loser of the coin flip takes the Knuck! I think that would make one hell of a story for MO next year eh?