Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
Nice article. As you can see, the Versys makes a lot of sense, does a lot of things, and is attractively priced. It makes even more sense in Europe and the UK, where we like trail-styled omnibikes far more than customs. Yet... even though it's been with us for a while now, I don't see many of them about. Or any of them, come to that. Which suggests that there's something about it that just doesn't excite. I haven't had the chance to ride one. Anybody out there who's tried one and can say what the missing ingredient is?
A V-Twin. Pfff pfff pfff can't compare to boom boom boom. Having just returned from Athens, 650 V Stroms were everywhere.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Time in Greece...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Having just returned from Athens, 650 V Stroms were everywhere.
Those Greek boys must have LOVED you; seeing as you're the Adonis of the motorcycle industry and all.

-S
Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
ewok1
Founding Member

Default pretty cool bike

I liked the article. Whether its this bike or another street standard with longish travel suspension, this type makes sense for all around riding. Since about everyone makes one now, I guess my observations are a tad stale.
Maybe its time for a comparo of the giant trailies by horsepower,
tiger vs gs vs vstrom vs ktm 990 adventure etc
and then the small ones.
I picked the multistrada 1100, but it was a tough choice.
of those folks on this board, do any of you prefer the 17 inch wheel to the taller fronts on the old tiger, the vstrom and the gs? i feel that the smaller wheel for a street biased bike gives me more feel, or a better way to express it may be that the taller fronts feel vague to me.
oh and this bike is peculiar looking in my view, but i think it might be hard to make these look good.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default You're right, it's time!

It's time for a comparo! Let's go MO! Try not to have too much fun......

Run 'em down a fire road, commute on them, hit the interstate, see who has farklebility........

This could actually be the review that has impact on my next purchase.

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 01-08-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Needed to type and shouldn't have gotten involved in the other thread...
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAlexander View Post
Those Greek boys must have LOVED you; seeing as you're the Adonis of the motorcycle industry and all.

-S
Well look who popped up?

You know how you separate the men from the boys in Greece?

With a crowbar!

You know the motto of the Greek military?

Never leave your buddy's behind!

Rumor has it the women are so grouchy in Greece cuz they're tired of getting it in the rear. Apparently the men are unaware there is another place to put it.

I seem to recall a picture of a young Michael Douglas on steroids riding a scooter who is the true Adonis of the moto industry. If I can search and find that, it will become my new Avatar!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I suppose if I rode one I would like it better than looking at it. It looks better than a V-Strom by a mile though (Sorry Ken!). None of these type of bikes do a thing for me. I suspect that they are just like the modern SUVs; off-road capability, but none of them are actually being ridden off-road. Nice write-up boys!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
12er
Founding Member

Come on Kawi, hang a charcoal canister off it already. By looking at most new CA bikes it shouldnt be hard... Zip tie to the frame? Check!

But like Acecycleins states and I agree the GS 800 (my current wallpaper)is a better choice, but with all the goodies its over twice the price of the vs... Though Ive paid the BMW tax before, and likely will again.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Dang!

Quote:
Well look who popped up?

With a crowbar!

Rumor has it the women are so grouchy in Greece cuz they're tired of getting it in the rear. Apparently the men are unaware there is another place to put it.

I seem to recall a picture of a young Michael Douglas on steroids riding a scooter who is the true Adonis of the moto industry. If I can search and find that, it will become my new Avatar!
404 File not found! The world needs to see that picture again. How are things at Boing?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Yikes!

Quote:
Well look who popped up?

With a crowbar!

You're dead meat for Sistah Sachi fer sure.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Why? Is there something wrong with Michael Douglas?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote